The Chairman Squishy Meow Thread!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To keep you guys updated on his progress is best done visually, so I'll just start this one thread & update it as I go.

Chairman Squishy Meow came home with me Tuesday January 1, 2008. He was to be euthanized the next day for ringworm.

January 7, 2008 the vet determined he didn't have ringworm, but allergies he suspected. So we began treatment to get rid of the sores.

Meowmy, I'm home!

Old cats don't play! (Having a bit of a "Dorky Fish" moment in the first pic
)

Fungus bath back when I thought he had ringworm

Sleeping on the dog

Nasty side

Once again, Old cats don't play

Today, Sunday January 27, 2008

Instead of 3 large spots/many small spots on this side & 2 large spots/many small spots on his other side.....he has 2 medium sized spots on this side, the rest have hair re-growth!!

Unfortunately, he's gained about 8 tons since coming home.
He has had a tendency to bite....but it only ever seems to occur if I'm messing with those spots, they must really hurt him. Makes me wonder how long he had them at the shelter & they weren't visible (they start off tiny little spots...I've stopped several from getting big already) .... he had been a nipper for awhile at the shelter. And no, his eyes never open fully

Life starts at 15, they say!

If anyone is interested in possibly adopting him or knows someone who might, please PM me. I would like to be able to find him a home....otherwise he will just have to live outside as a farm kitty. Not ideal, but better than dead. (He will, however, continually receive medical care no matter where he lives so long as he's with me). He is great with the dogs (see the pic above). I was having issues with him fighting with Ophelia....until I discovered Cow would start a fight with Squishy, then run & hide behind Ophelia so the two fought.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he looks soooo much better. Was/is it definitely allergy? He's a handsome old fella!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Oh, he looks soooo much better. Was/is it definitely allergy? He's a handsome old fella!
If it was a fungus, it would've gotten worse with the ointment I was putting on him. It's definately gotten better.....so we're 99.99% positive it was an allergy. To what? Who knows!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's come a long way already. I'm glad to see those sores have been healing.

birdsong123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow...amazing. He can't stay inside? He sure is one lucky fella to have been spared that nasty fate of the needle. So glad you adopted him. Hope he continues to improve.

I have a soft spot for seniors.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, he can't stay inside. Long story, but it just can't happen. I took him home knowing he'd be a farm kitty. If I didn't take him home, he'd be dead.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Squishy update time!! He's got like one little scab left now. Hair has grown back in over one spot, & is re-growing around the edges of the other two spots. No new spots at all!

Hair re-growth!

He's a bit chunky

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, a Chairman thread.

I think a BIT chuncky isn't quite the word for it!
He's looking great!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it makes a difference...he weighed 14.6 lbs. when I brought him home. When he came in as a stray, he was one of those that every rib and his spine were clearly showing.

I think he has an affection for food!
I should weigh him today....I'd say he's 18 lbs.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's looking great...now I guess you have to run him around
18 lbs is a big boy!