Those of you who own a crock pot

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a question for those of you who own a crock pot....how often do you use yours? I know some folks that never seem to use theirs. Me on the other hand i use mine at least 2-3 times a week most of the time! I LOVE mine!
Also- what's your very favorite recipe you use in yours???

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use mine usually about once a week, but if I have food in the house & things to use in it, I'll use it more.

I love to cook roasts in it with potatoes & veggies

Or pork chops with creame of mushroom soup

Crock pots are the best! I still have to buy some crock pot liners, I think they would be a life saver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I use mine usually about once a week, but if I have food in the house & things to use in it, I'll use it more.

I love to cook roasts in it with potatoes & veggies

Or pork chops with creame of mushroom soup

Crock pots are the best! I still have to buy some crock pot liners, I think they would be a life saver
Ohh i will have to try pork chops in mine sometime- i've never attempted that- i bet it's yummy!!!
I LOVE to cook roast in mine too

I wonder how well those liners work! I want to try them too!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Ohh i will have to try pork chops in mine sometime- i've never attempted that- i bet it's yummy!!!
I LOVE to cook roast in mine too

I wonder how well those liners work! I want to try them too!
I've heard they are amazing, but I always forget to buy them

I just put 1 can of soup in with 2 pork chops & 1 can of water along with a bit of salt & pepper and let it cook for a good 8 hours - they are so wonderful & fall right apart!

I just love them because I can prepare things the night before & just put it all together before I go to work & when I get home, supper is done!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, don't own one of those, but i know plenty of crackpots!! *looks around at TCS and giggles*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been using mine more often lately. I don't like using it when I'm not home though, so now that I'm getting back to work it'll be only on weekends. My favorite recipe is Cowboy Stew from bettycrocker.com. It's simple and soooo tasty!

My Mom uses the liners and said they work great! I forget about buying them too!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use mine a couple times a month. my family loves pot roast, I usually brown the roast . put the roast in the crock pot with about a cup of water and a package of onion soup mix, it makes the most delicious gravy.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't use ours as much as we use to.

We've made bbq pork chops, beef stew, and Zucchini sauce (spaghettie sauce and zucchini).

We also buy the stuff in the freezer aisle. they're OK imo...b really likes the though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only used mine once since I got it for Christmas about 3 years ago
I know they are awesome and I need to start using it more.

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really depends on the season. In the winter it is used more and it is usually used fork Pork and Sour Kraut, Beef Stroganoff, Beef Stew, or Pulled BBQ pork. But even then it is rare I pull it out. Summer every once in awhile.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Use mine mainly in the cold weather months.... my favorite is chicken and noodles, put the chicken in first thing in the morning and cover it with water and cook it for 8 hours. Turn it off and get a big stock pot of water or the broth from the chicken boiling and add some kluski style noodles. Tear apart the chicken and add it to the noodles...serve with biscuits and/or mashed potatoes.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use mine a lot. It's great to turn it on in the morning and dinner is ready when I get home from work! I like to do pork loins with different sauces, sometimes I add onions or potatoes, or both.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really should use mine more, but when I do it's BBQ pork roast (Pork Roast covered in a bottle of BBQ sauce, 8 hours later it's sooooo tender!) or Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots. I did make corn chowder in mine the other day though and it came out great.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crock pot liners? Never heard of them! Are they aluminum or something? Do you use them so you don't have to wash out the liner? Where can I buy them? How much do they cost?

I almost never use my crock pot. My sister gave me a big 6 qt. one for XMas and frankly, it's just too big for only me. The only thing I've made in mine is Italian roast beef (for sandwiches), for the whole family who came over during Super Bowl.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We actually now have two. We rarely used the one we had, but since we decided to have company over more, Hubby decided we needed another one to keep things warm so we didn't have to keep the stove on all night. We've used the second one a total of once since we got it last year in Dec. Oh well, we'll use it again, I know it.