You're not starving my dear

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cats act like they are starving all the time?
When I'm getting Popsies' wet food around he meows loudly and lifts his paw like, "Hurry mommy, if I don't eat right now I'll die."

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes! Pepper meows at me every time I bring the bag out and then shoves her face in the bowl while I'm pouring like she can't wait another second!

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol yes all three of mine are like that. Especially Wicked she has to follow me from the bowls to the bag back and forth. She comes running when she hears the kibble shake. She also barely gives you any time to open up a can of wet food before her nose is shoved in there hehe.

sweetie kitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't you love it when while you are trying to pour their food, they stick their head in the bowl, right in the way to where you can't pour it?! And then they look at you like I'm hungry here!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeh, my cat's do this everyday! it's awful when i've got people round, i hope they don't think i starve them LOL! they eat more than i do

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark behaves as though I don't feed her at all
Although she has been wormed recently, she mews constantly for food, and tries to climb up my leg (or claw it to death) just so I fill up her food bowl.

And what gets me the most..seconds after the food has been put down, she goes to it, sniffs it, then mews at me again as though it isn't good enough!

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kazy

Have you seen this video?
This kitten acts like she hasn't eaten for weeks.
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&brand=&vid=55324f96-a9dc-4573-a008-0d476efde1fc
oh gee that's a winner! Mine don't get quite that desperate but there is definitely this FOOD FRENZY that just takes over their little brains at feeding time. I understand it about canned food but kibbles??? We have kibbles on offer all the time, yet at breakfast time the same show occurs, and then when the top-of is served it's like 15 sec hogging and then the "senses" return an it's like "oh, I already ate like 10 minutes ago, didn't I"

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Do your cats act like they are starving all the time?
When I'm getting Popsies' wet food around he meows loudly and lifts his paw like, "Hurry mommy, if I don't eat right now I'll die."
YES! Shenandoah especially acts as if he is dying of hunger.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak will throw himself in the floor in front of me and scream at the top of his lungs for food
he's really pathetic

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Zane will start yowling as though he's hungry or thirsty, and I go and see that he has plenty of kibble in his bowl and plenty of water in his dish. Last night I washed his water dish out and refilled it, and later that night while I was watching TV I heard him yowl. He was standing in front of his bowl yowling as though he was deathly thirsty and had no water--but it was still full to the brim!

Zane the Insane, Cat of Small Brain.