Skuttles!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may remember when Snickers, my Chocolate Lab had her puppies last summer. We kept one, and her name is Skuttles. Well, I thought I would just formally introduce her to everyone.

Skuttles as a puppy

All grown up now. She is little over 6 months old! She has the Austrailian Shephard markings and head, but a Lab body. And her one ear insists on flopping back. It is so cute!

Skuttles with her mommy, Snickers

Of all our dogs, Skuttles is probably the most well behaved. She patiently waits for attention instead of demanding it (unlike our pug
) and a 3 minute belly rub puts her into heaven. She leaves you alone when you're eating instead of begging for food (unlike her mother!). The only time she really barks is in the morning when she realizes you are up and she is going to get let out of her crate (unlike Brooke). Overall she is a sweetheart and I lover her to death! Snickers having a litter was a mistake, but I'm so glad that mistake was made! I couldn't imagine my home without her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She is just a sweetie. I can't wait to see how big she gets. At only 6 months she is a already a little taller than Snickers. If her paws are any indictation, we're going to be in trouble!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, they are both so beautiful
: Skuttles has grown up to be such a pretty girl

That is wonderful how she gets to be with her mom forever

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow what Pretty Markings!! its kinda hard to believe shes a lab ((considering her markings and coloring))... and her Mom its very pretty also!!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's very beautiful. Do you keep touch with any of the other puppies?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Oh wow what Pretty Markings!! its kinda hard to believe shes a lab ((considering her markings and coloring))... and her Mom its very pretty also!!
Well, Skuttles is only 1/2 lab. Snickers if full bred lab, but her father was an austrailan shepard, don't know if he was full bred though...he just kind of wandered through and caught Snickers at the right time, so I don't really know if he is a mix or not, but he looked like he may have had something else in him too. The markings come from him, along with the muzzle (much longer and thinner than Snickers) but her body type, ears and tail are all from her mommy. Her coat has the weave like a labs, but is much softer and thicker, but still not as long as pics I've seen of a full bred aussie.

But, she's our sweet little girl!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

She's very beautiful. Do you keep touch with any of the other puppies?
As a matter of fact, a friend of our adopted one of the other spotted puppies, and from what I understand she is a hellion (according to them). I haven't seen her, but DH did not to long ago, and said her personality is the exact opposite of Skuttles. OF course, they also had an older hound mix and the puppies energy was stressing him out, so now the pup is either in the yard or in the basement most of the day. He also got very upset with how much the pup chewed on everything. We had to tell him...."ummm, she's teething. Have you given her any bones??"
We're working with him to understand what special things puppies need.

One of the brown pups was adopted by a co-worker of DH. It was a present for his son who is 12. He has been working with him great! In fact, while getting him housebroken, he not only taught the pup to let them know when he needs to go out, he taught the door to ring a bell (like those kind you see on a counter of a store "ring for service) instead of barking to get let out! What a smart boy!