Quick Cello Update

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

just thought I'd give a quick update for everyone who helped me out. Cello has been home since Thursday night and is doing so so well. He is eating like his old self and drinking like normal, he wants to sleep and cuddle all day, although he has frequent coughing attacks and will be on steroids for about a week to try to get that better.

He gets pretty jealous when I break out anything to play with Kismet because of his lungs I have strict instructions not to let him exert any energy like that because when he does he breathing gets a bit laboured and he coughs.

Also I should mention this new thing they have, he got a shot that lasts two weeks and is an antibiotic, since the steroids go in his ear I don't have to pill him at all, which is ideal with his throat situation, I know it's a new thing, but if you have cats that are hard to pill and you are just doing preventative antibiotics it's good to think about, although I have read it could lead to resistance issues.

Anyways just thought I'd update,

again thanks so so so much to everyone.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so happy that Cello is continuing his recovery. It is good that you don't have to pill him because he's had a traumatic time this last week.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so glad to hear that Cello is improving everyday, what a trooper!

and that anti-biotic shot sounds amazing!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
o good!
I agree that the shot sounds like the purrfect answer to Cello's situation.

Sore throats and pills don't go together well.

goooooo cello!

hee hee

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that Cello continues to improve.

Cello

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good news. I was really worried for you when you posted last week. Did they ever determine what happened?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to get a good update...it sounded pretty grim last week. I was also wondering if you ever got an actual diagnosis?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just as I originally suspected....... looks like chemical burns in the lungs, and throat irritation that led to swelling. Moral of the story......I now buy organic laundry soap

Big negative on teh asthma, diabetes and massive infection

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

just as I originally suspected....... looks like chemical burns in the lungs, and throat irritation that led to swelling. Moral of the story......I now buy organic laundry soap

Big negative on teh asthma, diabetes and massive infection
Wow, that's a big lesson for everybody. I never suspected that laundry detergent could do something like this. Many hugs to you and Cello (and Kismet too
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Wow, that's a big lesson for everybody. I never suspected that laundry detergent could do something like this. Many hugs to you and Cello (and Kismet too
)
ohhhhh gosh I know. What a nightmare over a laundry soap spill. My poor boy, I hope his cough goes away, but I know I have to be patient!!

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been following Cello's story, and I am so happy he is getting better! You are a wonderful cat Mommy to him!!!

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news.
I know how scary this has been for you and miserable for poor Chello. More healing vibes to get him back to his old self.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Im glad that he's getting better!! It sucks that it was the laundry detergent though! I wouldn't even think that would taste good! The poor little guy!! Sending healing your way!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Well Im glad that he's getting better!! It sucks that it was the laundry detergent though! I wouldn't even think that would taste good! The poor little guy!! Sending healing your way!!
I'm surprised he ate so much of it...or maybe it doesn't take much

Glad to hear he's on the mend!