Just hanging loose and the alphas communicate

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger was lying comfortably on a blanket at the foot of my bed, just chillin'.
: Totally mellow, just hangin' loose with Meowmy while she reads her book.

Max popped up suddenly,
appearing as if from out of nowhere to land beside Ginger, thus startling her,
causing her to take great offense.
She jumped to her feet lickety split and threatened him fiercly with a raised paw in his face while making a small, strange but completely annoyed sound - sort of half scream, half hiss.

Max looked nonchalant, totally unconcerned,
and touched his nose to hers
briefly before walking on past her, purposefully rubbing his whole body up against the length of hers as he glided on over to my feet. He sat, curling his tail around his bottom, flicking the tip of it in her direction as he raised a front paw to his mouth, giving a tug to one of his claws.

He tugged once, twice - then froze with his paw in mid-air as he made direct eye contact with Ginger, who had been sitting and watching him intently ever since he moved away from her.

Ginger gave him a fast double eye-blink,
then promptly got up and turned her back to him, her tail punctuating the moment with a double flick in his direction. She then curled herself back up on the blanket, this time facing away from him, and settling down to take in the room through a squint.

Max promptly jumped up
and ran out of the room to go ambush Ferris or Penny. I don't know which - maybe both.
All I heard from that point on was the sound of cats galloping through the apartment, back and forth and back and forth and back and...

I looked over at Ginger, who had opened her eyes up at my movement. I gave her a lazy double eye-blinky, and told her that I love my babykitty.
She blinked back at me once and tucking a paw underneath herself, settled down for a snooze.

I went back to reading my book.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely little story

It does seem familiar to my kitty household when they are all in the same room together...Brandy will flick his paw at Arwen or Shark..or vice versa..

After that, they disappear as though they didn't do anything to each other. Sometimes, Shark and Brandy will 'pick on' Arwen, as she doesn't quite know how to stand up for herself yet. If I see the other two do that to her, I pick her up for a cuddle..and tell her she will be ok

I do love the other two kitties, but they can be bullies also

It's like having small children sometimes..

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What an intense drama. I'm always amazed at my cats interactions. There is so much depth.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have their own dramas don't they! I'll have to catch one of Stoli and Luxor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I woke up to find Ginger and Max hanging out at the foot of my bed again, but really, really close to each other - it looked suspiciously like there may have been an actual cuddle involved.

Hmmm....

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

This morning I woke up to find Ginger and Max hanging out at the foot of my bed again, but really, really close to each other - it looked suspiciously like there may have been an actual cuddle involved.

Hmmm....
Ya wonder... maybe Ginger has finally found the friend you've been trying to get for her... who knows...

A.