I need to VENT and help...

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am totally unprepared for this but here goes;-

Lucy Belle has been really aggressive these days. She is normally very curious but subdue, in a good way. But lately, her behavior has been very aggressive. She seems to have a lot of pent up energy and will zoom around the house at high speed and appears to fear *ME*

I realized her behavioral changes about three days ago. She started to get very aggressive during play time, attacking her toys as if they are her sworn enemy. Well, in a way, it should be, since they toys are her prey but I've never seen her with all claws and teeth, looking absolutely terrifying.

This morning, I was doing some house cleaning. I decided to change the mat in her food area but she kept attacking the mat. When I place her water and food dish onto the mat, she attacked them as well, spilling water and food all over the carpeting. I told her NO but guess what? She just won't stop doing it.

When I admonished her, she practically jump away and started running all over the house again.

The part about fearing me. Sometimes, when I walk by, she'll strike her Halloween pose, tail all puffed up, walking and glancing at me sideways. I know I am not to approach her so I just walk to the opposite direction. She'll then zoom past me and hide, before launching a surprise attack.

Is this just a phase? She's almost 4 months old now. I know that many of you will say that her being a single kitten might have contributed to her problem. I am not yet willing to accept defeat. There must be some way to go around this and help her, help me. I am so unprepared since I am a first time mommy. SO, HELP please.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty does the puff ball look and runs away and attacks me too. She is about 6 months old and she has been doing that for awhile. She also attacks stuff but I think she is just playing. When she does do the puff ball and sideways walk it looks like she is scared of me but I know she's not because everynight she curls up on my chest and goes to sleep (after she licks my face for about 5 minutes) Does your cat ever show signs of affection? It sounds like she is just playing. But if she never ever comes near you ...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a phase. Ginger was a holy terror until she was about a year old.

Hang in there and read through behavior threads about how other folks handle Kittens Gone Wild!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zao_cat

Does your cat ever show signs of affection? It sounds like she is just playing. But if she never ever comes near you ...
That's what been perplexing me. She follows me around like a puppy all the time and love to hop onto my lap while I am working on my computer. She has her own bed which I tuck her to sleep every night but she always come and sleep beside me later. I wake up with her on my side every morning.

Yes, she is very affectionate towards me and will roll onto her back, showing her belly whenever I am gone for more than 10 minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

It's a phase. Ginger was a holy terror until she was about a year old.

Hang in there and read through behavior threads about how other folks handle Kittens Gone Wild!
Good to know that! Kittens Gone Wild is not pretty or as exciting, at least for mommies like me.