1. Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea.
2. Raw garlic in food. 1 or 2 cloves per person.
3. Tomato soup, with lemon pepper.
4. Lots of hot tea.
5. Lemon slices, in a cup of hot water.
6. LOTS of water.
7. Soup of any kind (except cream-based).
8. Drinking a glass of cold water, with 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar, preferably cider vinegar, mixed in. Yes, I know it tastes yucky, but I swear I feel better!
9. Sitting in a hot bath, with a few drops of oil of peppermint in the water, and in a steamy bathroom. Great for making you sleepy, too.
10. Swallowing a teaspoon of honey twice a day/or dissolving it in hot water/tea. Helps a sore throat, too. Honey has healing properties, both inside and outside of your body.
11. Orange juice several times a day. I can't do this, due to the sugar, but drinking even a 1/2 glass in the morning seems to help me.
12. Wrap up warm, lay on the sofa, with a blanket and the remote, and watch TV. Warning: watching the History Channel while sick and dozing off, may make you think you've gone delusional--you will notice that Hitler invaded Poland for the THIRD time that day. You are not crazy. They repeat the morning programs over again later in the day. It took a bad case of flu for me to realize this. Oh, and the infomercials, if you are awake at 3 AM. You'll learn how YOU can cure male pattern baldness--even if you're female. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT have access to your credit cards now. You'll find yourself buying junk, just because you're weak, half-asleep, and bored...no, you DON'T need that Ronco Spin-O-Matic ear-wax cleaning gadget. I said, PUT THE CREDIT CARD DOWN NOW!