TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I hate the wind
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I hate the wind

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Didn't get much sleep last night as it is very windy (60-65 MPH). I have this feeling that the house is going to fly away (especially when the bed is shaking). And also the fact that the cats never settle down. They don't like all of the noise.
post #2 of 21
I hate the wind too. We lived in a camper for four months while our house was being built, and it was absolutely horrible every time it was windy. I love the fact that our bedroom is in a basement now, I can't hear a thing that goes on outside now.
post #3 of 21
My bedroom faces the back garden, so when it gets really windy at night, I have to listen to the sound of the plastic chairs scraping along the floor when they get blown over, or the gate rattling...which is so scary!
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
I hate the wind too. We lived in a camper for four months while our house was being built, and it was absolutely horrible every time it was windy. I love the fact that our bedroom is in a basement now, I can't hear a thing that goes on outside now.
That is scary!! I don't think I would ever sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay View Post
My bedroom faces the back garden, so when it gets really windy at night, I have to listen to the sound of the plastic chairs scraping along the floor when they get blown over, or the gate rattling...which is so scary!
Everything that isn't bolted down has blown to Kansas by now. We never did find the newspaper this morning.
post #5 of 21
Maggie (the scaredy cat) is terrified when there's high winds. She usually runs for the basement. I have a huge maple tree in my yard, with branches that hang over my bedroom. Whenever a dead branch falls onto the roof from the wind, she practically turns herself inside out, trying to run from the noise! The other two? Pshaw...nothing phases them!
post #6 of 21
I'm concerned about the trees, too, around here when we get high winds. I like our Pacific Storms, though. It's exciting if you're outside and cozy if you're in.
post #7 of 21
I grew up in Oklahoma, where the wind is always sweeping down the plain. You get used to the 15-20 mile-an-hour daily winds and think nothing of it.
We moved away and it is now becoming a culture shock to go back to the wind. We get some windy days in the Dallas area, but nothing like at home.
We have a bunch of trees on our property. Every other year, we have them trimmed and thinned out. It saves us from major tree loss.
post #8 of 21
Oh I know how you feel. It gets very windy in my neighborhood and the bedroom is upstairs. When the wind gets up to even 30 miles an hour you can hear the walls creaking upstairs. I think the whole house is gonna come down.
post #9 of 21
Yeah, it gets windy here. We live up on a hill in a feild so there are no trees to block any wind. The wind whips through here and rattles the windows!
post #10 of 21
I love the wind. I can sleep through a hurricane, literally, and have done so many times.
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 4 View Post
I grew up in Oklahoma, where the wind is always sweeping down the plain. You get used to the 15-20 mile-an-hour daily winds and think nothing of it.
When you go outside and it literally blows you over, that's when you think "Oh, it's rather windy today".

My cats are used to it. Sho still hates thunder though.
post #12 of 21
I can't stand it when it's windy like that! Having metal siding and a metal roof, it's like having giant saws playing all around you. Besides feeling the house move!
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyD1987 View Post
I love the wind. I can sleep through a hurricane, literally, and have done so many times.
Me too, I find it soothing when its windy outside
post #14 of 21
We had gales here yesterday that were between 70-75 mph. I don't know if it's where my house is situated, but thankfully i never hear it really?
post #15 of 21
I live up on the third floor of an Older Victorian Style House. To say that the cat's and I don't hear some really weird noises when it's windy would be an understatement.

I not to bad because I know it is just wind, but it sure freaks the cats out...
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tierre0 View Post
I live up on the third floor of an Older Victorian Style House. To say that the cat's and I don't hear some really weird noises when it's windy would be an understatement.

I not to bad because I know it is just wind, but it sure freaks the cats out...
Maybe it isn't the wind, but the wind riles up your ghostly inhabitants and your cat sees them.
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Maybe it isn't the wind, but the wind riles up your ghostly inhabitants and your cat sees them.

Maybebut if I start seeing any ghostly inhabitants running around they better be prepared to chip in on the rent
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Didn't get much sleep last night as it is very windy (60-65 MPH). I have this feeling that the house is going to fly away (especially when the bed is shaking). And also the fact that the cats never settle down. They don't like all of the noise.
This reminds me of the time I had a woman passenger in my car and the sun was shining very brightly into the front of the car. The woman said "God, I hate the sun, I just wish it would burn out!"

But, come to think about it, what good is the wind, anyway?
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
But, come to think about it, what good is the wind, anyway?
It blows the stink out of town.
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
This reminds me of the time I had a woman passenger in my car and the sun was shining very brightly into the front of the car. The woman said "God, I hate the sun, I just wish it would burn out!"

But, come to think about it, what good is the wind, anyway?
Actually, I don't hate the wind that much (when it stays below 40 MPH). It is just when it gets so strong that the house shakes. And it does bring in the warmer weather here - we call them Chinook winds.
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyD1987 View Post
I love the wind. I can sleep through a hurricane, literally, and have done so many times.
Me too. Well, I was fixing to sleep through the hurricane that came through here but DH woke me up and made me get up. I wasn't really bothered by the wind - just concerned that it would spawn a tornado and since it was dark I couldn't see what was going on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I hate the wind