TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Tonight is full of swearing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tonight is full of swearing...

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
whelp, we took the dive and invested into a new computer that works for b. Something that he can functionally apply for jobs and then to play WoW.

Today he got the computer and he doesn't like me setting it up because he's really particular.

For example...he hates, hates IE7...but doesn't like Firefox either. So we uninstalled 7 to install 6. That didn't work so now we're starting from scratch and uninstalling all the security updates.

Since I've been home my ears are being violated. I keep offering, but he doesn't take me up

I can't wait until this is done...thank god he's not in tech support...he'd probably get fired from all the swearing
post #2 of 14
I leave the room or the house when DH is working on the pc's. What issues is he having? I know if you roll back to IE6 you need a security patch that was released last month I think for it to work properly.
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
whelp, we took the dive and invested into a new computer that works for b. Something that he can functionally apply for jobs and then to play WoW.

Today he got the computer and he doesn't like me setting it up because he's really particular.

For example...he hates, hates IE7...but doesn't like Firefox either. So we uninstalled 7 to install 6. That didn't work so now we're starting from scratch and uninstalling all the security updates.

Since I've been home my ears are being violated. I keep offering, but he doesn't take me up

I can't wait until this is done...thank god he's not in tech support...he'd probably get fired from all the swearing
Does it have Vista? If so, prepare yourself!
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Does it have Vista? If so, prepare yourself!
nnooooooooo! Thank god I think he have start swearing in French. He was even scaring the cats

we finally got the IE 6 issue solved. Now I'm timing until the next round of cussing

(and yes, that is why I take the initiative to do a lot of stuff...he has an extremely short temper when it comes to inanimate objects).
post #5 of 14
i no longer let my partner touch my computer! last time he did, i ended up having to format the whole thing, & start from scratch
post #6 of 14
DH is the same way. I think his word for computer is
post #7 of 14
Ooof! I'd take myself out for a drive or something!
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
DH is the same way. I think his word for computer is
LOL!

My hubby is technical support of the whole house. He cringes when our daughter calls, "Dad-dy, my computer is messed up."
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
LOL!

My hubby is technical support of the whole house. He cringes when our daughter calls, "Dad-dy, my computer is messed up."
I'm sys admin here and I cringe when I hear mumble, mumble, mumble.... Honey, is the network broken?
post #10 of 14
Other way around here, and I usually hear "Can you fix it?" even if it's something as simple as finding and installing a codec...
Oddly he's never lost his temper at any inanimate objects... I'm the one that takes offense at the power supply slipping and hitting my finger or the screwdriver slipping and flinging the screw halfway across the room.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Wel...the storm is over

The only tie up is that he can't remember the password to his email and that it took forever to download the copy of WoW. Yes, that brew up more storms, but once I reminded him that it was Friday night...he agreed.

He finally got to play WoW at 7:30 am this morning and was extremely happy with how much faster it moved and the better screen resolution
post #12 of 14
This reminded me of the time we assembled our gas bbq. We nearly broke up over it!!
post #13 of 14
Glad to hear the worst has passed.
post #14 of 14
I usually do more computer stuff at home not that either of us are really computer orientated. He has to start working on the taxes for the farm-wait till be sees the blinking info light on the printer (it says contact service rep) but works ok.
Plus he is used to a T1 line at work vs dial up here at home. I "advised" him to perhaps download IRS forms at work and print them vs waiting but that didn't happen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Tonight is full of swearing...