Tonight is full of swearing...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whelp, we took the dive and invested into a new computer that works for b. Something that he can functionally apply for jobs and then to play WoW.

Today he got the computer and he doesn't like me setting it up because he's really particular.

For example...he hates, hates IE7...but doesn't like Firefox either. So we uninstalled 7 to install 6. That didn't work so now we're starting from scratch and uninstalling all the security updates.

Since I've been home my ears are being violated. I keep offering, but he doesn't take me up

I can't wait until this is done...thank god he's not in tech support...he'd probably get fired from all the swearing

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave the room or the house when DH is working on the pc's. What issues is he having? I know if you roll back to IE6 you need a security patch that was released last month I think for it to work properly.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

whelp, we took the dive and invested into a new computer that works for b. Something that he can functionally apply for jobs and then to play WoW.

Today he got the computer and he doesn't like me setting it up because he's really particular.

For example...he hates, hates IE7...but doesn't like Firefox either. So we uninstalled 7 to install 6. That didn't work so now we're starting from scratch and uninstalling all the security updates.

Since I've been home my ears are being violated. I keep offering, but he doesn't take me up

I can't wait until this is done...thank god he's not in tech support...he'd probably get fired from all the swearing
Does it have Vista? If so, prepare yourself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Does it have Vista? If so, prepare yourself!
nnooooooooo! Thank god
I think he have start swearing in French. He was even scaring the cats

we finally got the IE 6 issue solved. Now I'm timing until the next round of cussing

(and yes, that is why I take the initiative to do a lot of stuff...he has an extremely short temper when it comes to inanimate objects).

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i no longer let my partner touch my computer! last time he did, i ended up having to format the whole thing, & start from scratch

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

DH is the same way. I think his word for computer is
LOL!

My hubby is technical support of the whole house. He cringes when our daughter calls, "Dad-dy, my computer is messed up."

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

LOL!

My hubby is technical support of the whole house. He cringes when our daughter calls, "Dad-dy, my computer is messed up."
I'm sys admin here and I cringe when I hear mumble, mumble, mumble.... Honey, is the network broken?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other way around here, and I usually hear "Can you fix it?" even if it's something as simple as finding and installing a codec...
Oddly he's never lost his temper at any inanimate objects... I'm the one that takes offense at the power supply slipping and hitting my finger or the screwdriver slipping and flinging the screw halfway across the room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wel...the storm is over

The only tie up is that he can't remember the password to his email and that it took forever to download the copy of WoW. Yes, that brew up more storms, but once I reminded him that it was Friday night...he agreed.

He finally got to play WoW at 7:30 am this morning and was extremely happy with how much faster it moved and the better screen resolution

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This reminded me of the time we assembled our gas bbq. We nearly broke up over it!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do more computer stuff at home not that either of us are really computer orientated. He has to start working on the taxes for the farm-wait till be sees the blinking info light on the printer (it says contact service rep) but works ok.
Plus he is used to a T1 line at work vs dial up here at home. I "advised" him to perhaps download IRS forms at work and print them vs waiting but that didn't happen.