Good News! New Job Offer!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone! Thanks to all of you who helped me get through my decision about the job I had for 1 day about a month ago.
I still feel that was the right decision, but it did put the unemployment I was receiving on hold while they re-approved it, so that wasn't helping anything (It still isn't settled, but I should get the back pay because of them not saying there was manual labor involved). Anyway..... now for the good news!

I interviewed today and was just offered the position!!!!!!

I'll be working in a medical office for a Neurologist. I don't have an official job title yet because I'll 'be doing a little of everything.' It's mainly a receptionist position but they are training me on a lot of things, including as a medical assistant to fill in when needed.

The doctor's wife and one medical assistant are all that work there besides me. I guess what happened is there used to be 4 Orthopedic doctors there as well, but they either moved, died, or retired. They should be getting more in there at some point. So there is a lot of office space thats just empty right now. Eventually I might get to learn to do billing and everything. That's really a skill I was lacking in so I'm so glad to find an employer willing to TEACH me that one! It's very hard to get into medical offices period around here. I came on the recommendation of a friend who they wanted to hire. She decided she wanted to stay where she was, so she recommended me. I don't think they even interviewed anyone else. The poor doctor's wife has been trying to figure out how to do all the administrative work herself and had never interviewed anyone. They only downside to this job is that it's a 30 minute commute which isn't that bad. I just had a 10 minute max one at the last place so I was spoiled. But really, when DH and I buy our house probably later this year, we'll be closer anyway! So I can deal for now!

So can anyone suggest where to find scrubs???
(Walmart has them right?) I get to wear them Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday the doctor is at his satellite offices and I can wear whatever I want. Oh and they are paying me good!

Now I need to go shopping! I need sneakers too...

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay!
That's awesome. It's sounds like a great job. Yep, Wal-Mart sells scrubs and they actually have a good variety! Also, Walgreens too.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you and your new job!! I must have missed the one day job though! Can you retell it to us that missed it!? You only lasted one day???

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Congratulations. It sounds like it will give a lot of growth.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you! I think Walmart also sells patterns for scrubs so if you know how to work a sewing machine, you can make your own with kitty designs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you and your new job!! I must have missed the one day job though! Can you retell it to us that missed it!? You only lasted one day???
Yeah I can. I'll post a link to the tread, but here's the gist of it:

I was hired at a place that sells used motorcycle parts online. They used to have an actual store here in town. I was hired for office/clerical. Once I started, I felt horribly uncomfortable there. I was in tears after a few hours. Then besides that, I found out that the girls in the office do the packaging and shopping work in the warehouses too. I had a back injury that really doesn't affect me doing regular office work, but that would have had me in pain. So I quit.

Here's the link to the tread about it: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152626

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Congrats to you! I think Walmart also sells patterns for scrubs so if you know how to work a sewing machine, you can make your own with kitty designs!
Ok kitty ones would be nice! The doctor's wife and I got talking a little about our cats. They have 2 too!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome!!

If you get into the billing part of the office, you'll love it! Your job is almost excactly what I do - except I don't get to wear scrubs in an outpatient mental health clinic
Walmart has really cute scrubs though! My aunt gets them there for her job too & they are really cheap!

Congratulations again - I hope you really love it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, that is so fantastic!!!
So that was definitely the wise thing to forego that last job. And so lucky - getting to wear scrubs all day - it's like going to work in your jammies!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats awesome!!

If you get into the billing part of the office, you'll love it! Your job is almost excactly what I do - except I don't get to wear scrubs in an outpatient mental health clinic
Walmart has really cute scrubs though! My aunt gets them there for her job too & they are really cheap!

Congratulations again - I hope you really love it!
I do hope I get to learn the billing part. I guess right now it's outsourced but they want to bring that back and the transcription part back into the office within the year.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Thanks guys!

I do hope I get to learn the billing part. I guess right now it's outsourced but they want to bring that back and the transcription part back into the office within the year.
I hope you get the opportunity! Its really not that bad (for the clinic I work at anyways
) and its a good thing to have on your resume too

Best of luck!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For you my friend!
for you can be focus on your new dutys!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new job. Good things come to those who wait!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just wonderful news! They sound like nice people, and getting to wear scrubs is a big plus, I think... they're comfy, and they make people think you're a doctor, so you get a lot of respect!
Very glad for you...