New cat owner here!

afp89898

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody! I'm andrew, I live just in between LA and Orange County in the San Gabriel Valley, I just turned 19 a month or so ago and for christmas after months of begging my parents allowed me to adopt a cat.

I decided to adopt a young cat instead of a kitten because I always feel bad for the older cats at the shelters. I even felt terrible taking my 7 mo. old away by herself from the rescue but I hope someday I can go back and get another but that might have to be when I live on my own.

My kitty is a toirtoise haired/shelled female, she is very well behaved but incredibly hyper! She is a sweetheart though and has been so well behaved so far so I hope it continues, I just hope she stops driving me crazy at night!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Andrew! Welcome to the Cat Site!

Thats so cool that you were able to adopt a cat

Hope to see photos of your new cat someday

Enjoy the forums!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Andrew, welcome to TheCatSite.

I am so glad that you have joined this wonderful community.
Congratulations on the adoption of your new kitty.

If you have questions about the site, just click on my username, send a private message with your question, I will get back to you asap.

Make yourself at home. I will see you around the site.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. Your little girl is just being a kitten. She should settle down in the next few months.
Look forward to hearing more about her & see pics.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by afp89898

Hello everybody! I'm andrew, I live just in between LA and Orange County in the San Gabriel Valley, I just turned 19 a month or so ago and for christmas after months of begging my parents allowed me to adopt a cat.

I decided to adopt a young cat instead of a kitten because I always feel bad for the older cats at the shelters. I even felt terrible taking my 7 mo. old away by herself from the rescue but I hope someday I can go back and get another but that might have to be when I live on my own.

My kitty is a toirtoise haired/shelled female, she is very well behaved but incredibly hyper! She is a sweetheart though and has been so well behaved so far so I hope it continues, I just hope she stops driving me crazy at night!
Hello, and welcome to the best cat site around!

If you would like to learn more about The Cat Site and build up the number of points you have quickly, you may want to play the game (KatKwiz) designed for newcomers like yourself. Just click on the link below (here) to learn more. Then, come join in on the fun!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!