Reason #1 why you shouldn't blow on your cat's belly...

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DUH!!!!

I guess I should've known better, but for some reason I decided to pick-up Poops up last night and blow on her belly and this is what happened.

What was I thinking??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oOooOooOowwwwwwwwwwieeeeeee! That looks awful!!

Okay no more blowing on bellies for you missy

I hope that heals up quick!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, nevermind the slice next to my eye! All I could think was, "my face is going to be shredded!!"

Dang!! I'm so stupid sometimes!

*Must remember they really are cats, not babies*

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch! hope it heals soon. my kitty's love it being done to them, guess you have to catch them in the right mood though

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That looks like it hurt. Hope you feel better soon. Lucy hangs out on her back most of the time and I have to warn people that it is trick. She just wants to show you her belly. No touching.

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my! That looks like it hurts! My cat is also not a fan of having her stomach rubbed and if I were to do it I would have the same scratch marks. I always want to do it though!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you can come blow on Cow's tummy! Not only does he eat it up, but he hasn't got any teeth to bite you with & doesn't know how to use his claws!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youchie!!! make sure you clean those scratches really well and put some antibiotic ointment on them.

I met one of our newer shelter babies last week. He was scared to be in the storefront, but was doing ok. BUT... I made the mistake of trying to touch his belly and he bit me on the hand, broke the skin. This poor boy had been abandoned by his owner and had been surviving on his own when a neighbor recognized him and rescued him. He came in torn up by some other animal, poor thing. You could see the remnants of the injuries on his face.

On the flip side, he did give me some kisses. And he really, really liked being petted.

He must have been eating non-stop since coming into our care b/c our director named him Munchkin - Hah! Munchy is about 15 lbs!!! That's like calling a big guy "Tiny."

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

*Must remember they really are cats, not babies*
My husband tried to pet a horse once. He tried to pet it like a cat because that's all he knows. The horse chomped on the sleeve of his coat and took out a huge chunk of fabric!

Hope you heal up quickly!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch.

I could do that to Stanley, but Bella would completely take my face off ...I wouldn't, however, do that to Stanley because he often has random bits of litter stuck to his fur

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, those scratches do say "what were you thinking?"

Butzie will roll on her back to be petted on her tummy. When she is tired of if, she just rolls over.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the warning....
those scratches look like they hurt.

But who can resist blowing on a fluffy, warm kitty tummy?

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've done this before, except I made tooting noises against her belly. Never again!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*OUCH* that looks like it hurts. I've given kisses and rubs to bellies, but never tried blowing. for you scratches to quickly disappear