Teeth Question

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, this might sound like a stupid question.

K-Pants is obviously teething. The past couple of days, I've noticed a difference in his teeth. Where there was one "fang" on either side, there's now... two? Close together?

The only other cat whose teeth I've looked at closely is my mom's 16 year old kitty's, and she's lost a lot of teeth.

Is he supposed to have two there? Will one fall out? If the one hasn't fallen out, is there a problem?

I'm so
at this, it seems silly... but I figure if there's anyone I can ask (before I call the vet and sound lame, if there's no problem), it's you guys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Does it look like this?
YES! Just like that!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, thanks so much for the reassurance! That's what I was thinking it might be... so glad he's not having dental issues already

Cute! I'm sure I'll step on it on my way to the bathroom one night and have a nice little puncture wound

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never did find Jacks
Keep an eye on it though just incase it doesn't drop out. Has he been neutered yet, because when i saw it Jack was going in the following week to be neutered so i mentioned it to my vet, but she said if it was still there when he went in they usually take it out when their under.

It should drop out ok though, so i hope you find it

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He was neutered last month. How long does it take to drop out, usually? This is probably day three of my noticing it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats will usually just swallow it. I have yet to find one!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's about 5.5 months, but I was just wondering how long between that new tooth coming through and the old one dropping out?

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always on the look out for a kitty tooth and I can never find one!! I always want to put them in their baby books but I can never find them!

I hope the tooth comes out without any issues!

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

Okay, this might sound like a stupid question.

K-Pants is obviously teething. The past couple of days, I've noticed a difference in his teeth. Where there was one "fang" on either side, there's now... two? Close together?

The only other cat whose teeth I've looked at closely is my mom's 16 year old kitty's, and she's lost a lot of teeth.

Is he supposed to have two there? Will one fall out? If the one hasn't fallen out, is there a problem?

I'm so
at this, it seems silly... but I figure if there's anyone I can ask (before I call the vet and sound lame, if there's no problem), it's you guys!
How old is your kitten?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Judi

How old is your kitten?
She said about 5.5 months.

It varies on each cat. I never paid much attention. One day I look and I see baby teeth, then I look and see both, then I see the adult fangs.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He's about 5.5 months, but I was just wondering how long between that new tooth coming through and the old one dropping out?
I just happend to notice it when i was checking his teeth one night when he was asleep
So i don't know how long it was there?.

I started checking them every day after that, and then after 3 days it was gone.

It shouldn't be long now for the tooth fairy to come though

sheeba07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

He was neutered last month. How long does it take to drop out, usually? This is probably day three of my noticing it.
Mambo had just the same teething issue as your boy and he had "double fangs" for weeks in both sides. Unlike you I called the vet
and he said that if the baby-tooth hadn't fallen out about 6 months of age I should give him a call.

One day he just coughed it up in my hand!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think both Cleo and Maggie lost theirs within a week of me noticing them. I've found and saved several baby teeth. I got Lola after she was 6 months old, so she already had her adult teeth.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you all know that I checked yesterday, and the baby teeth are gone! His big-boy fangs are in, and I have no idea where the baby teeth are
I'm sure he swallowed them. But all is well