Anyone have a Kitten with Flat Chested kitten Syndrome

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Kitten Oreo has it. I got her in Nov from my Brother. The kitten he kept has it worse then her. You cn not tell Oreo has it anymore. My brother did not know if they would live at first. They were born Aug 29 and went flat in Sept. Oreo was the Runt and was half the size of the others. She is over 5 Pounds now and is normal size. Part of teh reason I picked her is because she has Fcks. I wated to save a Cat with problems.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't had any experience with of it (or heard of it, actually). Out of curiousity, would you explain more about the condition?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what FCKS is.
Flat Chested Kitten (FCK)

Written by Tania Waterhouse
Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome is a deformity of a kitten's ribs and sternum (breastbone). The medical term for this is Pectus Excavatum and it is also known as Funnel Chest. The term 'Swimmer Kitten' is sometimes used when a kitten with FCK crawls with both front legs out to the side of the chest in a paddling motion.

What are the symptoms?

The kitten's chest is flat, rather than rounded and the ribs bow out more than normal, along the kitten's sides. The sternum may also collapse inwards as the kitten breathes. In more severe cases, the sternum is permanently curved inward, creating a furrow along the kitten's chest

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Iluvdevons

I haven't had any experience with of it (or heard of it, actually). Out of curiousity, would you explain more about the condition?
The first place to look is The Cat Site. There is a very detailed write up on this site. Simply go up in the right hand corner and select Cat Health. Then look at the various articles and you will find the detailed write up on FCK.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The part I posted came from this site. Oreo Coughs sometimes but you can not tell she has FCKS anymore.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

The part I posted came from this site. Oreo Coughs sometimes but you can not tell she has FCKS anymore.
So, am I understanding that you are just looking for others who have FCKS kittens rather than actually asking for health information?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea am looking for other people that have Cats with it. I want to compare growth rates and heath.