Question on anatomy - **UPDATE**

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a quick question!

What is the organ that you can feel right under the ribs on the lower left side?? (if any)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im searching the net to try to figure out what that organ is and all Im finding is pictures of dead disected cats!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
if you said the left I would say liver... sorry no help here

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is on the left side, ALSO, I was holding him having a friend feel his lump and looking at him closely, he has a patch of fur along with a sore on both the right and left side, right below the ears, and he also has the sores in his ears. So now we have bald patches with sores, a lump on his lower left side, and a hurt leg. Im starting to freak out!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ask the vet.
it sounds like it could be a lymphatic thing, could be caused by the injury.

I call mine all the time with "quick questions"

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, gonna have to call the vet at least. The spots bother me, the lump bothers me, then to boot I went to check Hobo Jax, and he has a fatty lump on his belly! Its gonna be one of those days!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bump that is on HoboJax is nothing like the bump on Eek. HoboJax's bump is when you go to rub their bellys? Its the lower part of his belly and its easily bigger than a fifty cent piece, but its mooshy, so what Im thinking it is is maybe just the fat came to the wound to guard it or something like that! Either way its a faffy lump that feels like a fatty tumour, and if its not gone by tomarrow, both of them are going in. This is ridiculous. God must have never wanted me to have cats otherwise it wouldn't have to be a constant struggle. I have what it takes to be a good cat mom, I just can't handle losing anything, and with the stuff thats going on now, I just dont know if they'll make it in the end~ I just want healthy babies!!!

I swear, got doesn't want me to have more kitties......

Poor Eeks ears have sores and the sides of his head, and then he has a lump on his left sidek, and HoBo Jax has a lump in his groin area!! Such a nightmare!! I have gotta do something about thisl

So Any Ideas of what the Organ is on the lower left side???

What about the bald spotches with sores on them??

I do plan to take them in, but I wanna have all my questions written out first. So any idea you guys have wil l be appereciates!!\\

AMBER

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time right now. I do know how you feel. Two of my cats, Freya and Furrari, have been at the vets since Monday (Freya) and Tuesday (Furrari). It sucks big time.

Here are lots of healing vibes for Eek . Hopefully the lump on HoboJax is just fat and nothing serious.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How low on the left side? My first guess is the stomach. The intestines can be there too.

misskiwi67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
liver, stomach, spleen, kidney.... in that order from front to back, with intestines mixed in anywhere in between.

If YOU can feel a definitive mass in the abdomen, I would get it checked out right away... I've been practicing and palpating abdomens for quite some time (4th year vet student) and rarely feel anything unless its pretty abnormal.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is HoboJax? If it's near where his belly button would be, it could be an umbilical hernia. Our dog had one, and we watched it carefully and had it repaired during his neuter.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is lower than the umbilical, so Im not sure what it could be! Hobo Jax is about 13 -14 weeks old, so he's just a baby! When Glitch had his stomach drained he got a fatty lump type thing right where they had drained it, so I guess Im hoping for something like, Eek bit him, fat is going to it! They both seem to be "acting" fine, which we all know mean absolutly nothing. I couldn't get them in today, one of the vets dad died and they closed the vet office for the day for the funeral and in remembrence of him. So Im talking with ER vet, of course he wants to look at them, but since they are eating normally and not drinking excessivly they aren't too worried! (its not like its THEIR cat!!) I wont take them to the other vet in town after what he did to Tissy.

And ya know? Ive felt things like what Hobojax has but its always been in a really old animal! Never one so young!

*notgonnabemyday*

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just below the ribs....liver on the right side, spleen on the left side. Below the spleen and liver are the kidneys, bilaterally. It usually take someone who knows what they're feeling, to palpate a normal spleen, liver or kidney. I'd say a trip to the vet would be a good idea.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Just below the ribs....liver on the right side, spleen on the left side. Below the spleen and liver are the kidneys, bilaterally. It usually take someone who knows what they're feeling, to palpate a normal spleen, liver or kidney. I'd say a trip to the vet would be a good idea.
Yup! They're going in tomarrow! Screw this, even though they are acting okay its still freaking me out!! The poor things, I just cant help but to think its got to be something horrible... My luck is so bad that I just know its going to be something fatal! I know that sounds bad, but I have almost lost faith completly. I keep trying to get new cats because I love them, but if this is something bad and something happens to them, I just dont think I can turn the other cheek again. My Heart still hurts from the last 3 that died in 2007, having another loss would be devastating! Maybe Im just a jinx for kitties and its gods way of telling me not to have any!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to mention I am trained to palpate for the spleen livers kidneys and stuff like that in a human, but not a cat!

& For whoever asked, no Im not sure its an organ. I dont know what it is! So the vets on speed dial!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you poor thing

chin UP lady.

you're freakin out, get a hold of yourself!!

the bumps definitely need to be looked at, yes. but it really could be nothing.
did they have stitches there at some point? sometimes they get bumps where the body hasn't absorbed the stitches from the inside yet...

at any rate you gotta keep your chin up for those babies.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

you poor thing

chin UP lady.

you're freakin out, get a hold of yourself!!

the bumps definitely need to be looked at, yes. but it really could be nothing.
did they have stitches there at some point? sometimes they get bumps where the body hasn't absorbed the stitches from the inside yet...

at any rate you gotta keep your chin up for those babies.
Yup, you're totally right! I took them to the vet today to find out that Eek only had a bump because his Kidney swelled up from the metacam, and apparently since I know what organs feel like, I can feel them!

HoboJax on the other hand has something they called an Angoran fat pad! which they are born with and it disapaites after a while and comes back when they get older, and is completly harmless!

However my bad news is....The spots on their heads is ringworm!!

Im so grossed out right now... that is so nasty! So hard to treat too! I have to give them medicine two times every day, and then have to give them baths 4 times a week!

The worse news is.... THEY CANT GET NEUTERED ON THE 31ST!!!

Vet says that if I bring them in to be neutered, they would have to put them in a kennel and would risk spreading it to the other cats and animals there!!

I kinda thought thats what bleach is for, but I understand why I guess....

I just really wanted to get it done them because thats when I will have the money, so what Im going to do is take the money in anyway and pay for it then so that when they are given the okay to be neutered it can just be done!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its only the first day of treatment for ringworm and Im sick of it already... what kind of BS is this. There has got to be a better way! Have you ever tried giving 3 cats a bath?? Yeah, its not fun!! Not to mention, Im sure Im going to end up with scars outta this deal... It just blows. Why cant there be a one time pill that you give them that just kicks its butt?? If my kids get it its going to be bad!! Darnnit anyhoot!

Well besides giving the cats a bath everything is going okay though... so I shouldn't gripe, things could be so much worse right now! *Keep*Telling*Myself*That*

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
see?

haha poor thing. things could be worse for sure.
hang in there, be diligent!!

I agree, the baths sound horrible, but it's not forever...