Sweeney Todd

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
has anybody been to see this yet? i went to see it Sunday, it was amazing! that good, am going to go see it again hehe
well, am the world's BIGGEST Johnny Depp fan anyway, but WOW it's fantastic!

it's musical/horror for all that don't know, & it's based on a true story!

am interested to see what everyone else thought

areias

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got dragged to see it and although I liked the story-I actually didn't care for the musical part of it.
I got a little bored when they were singing-like come on, I want to see what happens, hehe.

Good ending though! Definately surprised me.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought the movie was GREAT. My bf thought there was *too* much singing, but what does he know heeheee....I disliked the ending A LOT though. Almost ruined the movie because of that HUGE loose ending that was still upstairs...
Amazed with Johnny Depp's singing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's why i never invited my partner

Johnny Depp has a gorgeous voice

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I definately want to see this one. Tim Burton + musical.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVED this movie.
my SO did too.
he just bought the soundtrack and we watched the "making of" together tonight.

I'd definitely see it again.

o! and my SO bought me the book too. it's got a bunch of history stuff in it, pretty good.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wife wanted to see this so I told her that was fine, I trusted her judgment. I knew nothing about the plot. When she told me that it was a sort-of musical, I nearly slammed on the brakes and turned the car around. But I didn't, since our bed is very comfy...and the couch is not.

I expected it to be a waste of 2 hours and $20, but I have to admit that I really liked it. Theoretically I could have done without all the singing, but I recognize that the singing is an important part of the production, so I just accepted it. The acting is first-rate and the film is well-directed --- I felt the pacing was really good; things move along and develop at a nice clip. It comes across as even better than it probably is when you compare it to all of the second-rate garbage that Hollywood has been churning out in recent years.

From a cost perspective, though, I do think that this movie should have been made about 25 years ago, and it should have starred Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux. Think of how small the hair and makeup budget would have needed to be.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John was obsessed with wanting to see it, so we finally did. I didn't like it very much, and he was quite disappointed with it.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the movie! We went like the weekend it opened with the boyfriend complaining the entire time about having to see a musical!
But everyone ended up liking the movie a lot! And singing half the songs constantly!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

From a cost perspective, though, I do think that this movie should have been made about 25 years ago, and it should have starred Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux. Think of how small the hair and makeup budget would have needed to be.
haha thats great

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I loved this movie. I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out.
am 100% going to buy this when it's out, need to keep my Johnny Depp collection complete

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha, my SO is singing songs from the soundtrack right now.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard good and bad reviews and there is a stage production of it in Toronto currently, but if Johnny Depp is in it, it can't be all bad.
Even if it's bad the "eye candy" is worth it.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I've heard good and bad reviews and there is a stage production of it in Toronto currently, but if Johnny Depp is in it, it can't be all bad.
Even if it's bad the "eye candy" is worth it.
LOL!

true