I Hate David Bowie

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to, anyway. Our nine-year-old has discovered Ziggy Stardust and has played it over and over every minute she is home for the past 15 days. Every. Waking. Minute. I am not exaggerating. She even falls asleep at night listening to it.

I offered to put the CD on her iPod but she declined.

She discovered David Bowie from the Rock Band video game. She tried out some other CDs, including Nirvana, whom she didn't like, declaring them "odd."

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! My Mom still hates Cindy Lauper. But back then we didn't have Ipods to save Mom's ears.
I went through a faze of playing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun over and over and over.
I think I was the same age as your daughter.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least your daughter has taste!

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

LOL! My Mom still hates Cindy Lauper. But back then we didn't have Ipods to save Mom's ears.
I went through a faze of playing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun over and over and over.
I think I was the same age as your daughter.
same here, that and the Clueless movie

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

LOL, your daughter has good taste in music! Ziggy Stardust is when Bowie was at his best IMHO.
yea, i agree it could be worse it could be bowies punk rock phase, or disco

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'm starting to, anyway. Our nine-year-old has discovered Ziggy Stardust and has played it over and over every minute she is home for the past 15 days. Every. Waking. Minute. I am not exaggerating. She even falls asleep at night listening to it.
Then don't ever get Guitar Hero...it's one of the songs!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, when I was 9 years old my friend and I would sit in the backyard and BLAST Rush, Rush by Paula Abdul and Return to Innocence by Enigma. OVER AND OVER. Drove my mom and her mom nuts. We lived right next door to each other.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sons have Guitar Hero and they have been driving me NUTS having me go online and buy these songs they're hearing so they can get them on their mp3s.....
Funny part is a good bit of what they're wanting is in our cd collection!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My husband got me an IPOD because he was tired of me listening to the same CD at work over and over and over and telling him about it. Now I can still do the same thing with the IPOD but I don't tell him about it any more.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! Good for her - bad for you

I remember doing the same thing with Elton John's Yellow Brick Road at about the same age. It got to a point where Mum banned me from talking about him!!