Now I feel old.... (school related)

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just got a rude awakening!!!! When I was going through high school, papers were expected to be typed and handed in, and I remember how some of the older generation just couldn't believe that we were expected to type our papers. I grew up that way and just thought that was the way it was. Well now I'm at the Univeristy of Iowa (as a Jr.
) and teachers want us to send our papers electronically! I about had a cow when I found that out, I just couldn't believe I can't just print the essay and turn it in! I feel like a dinosaur and now I can personally relate to the older generation!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tell me about it, I've been away from college for 10 years and going back, boy have they made a lot of technological advances

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was out of high school 20 years when I went back to college and computers weren't ever part of the equation when i was in HS. Things sure have changed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

tell me about it, I've been away from college for 10 years and going back, boy have they made a lot of technological advances
Oh no kidding! I thought the online notes and emails were hard enough to deal with!!! I'm just hoping the paper I just sent goes through fine....I'm still printing a hard copy shhh!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister is finally finishing up her college degree - started in 1965! Not only has she taken classes over the net, but also taken tests and submitted assignments via the net.