blood in stool.. but, Not all the time

ragdoll4u

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 7month old female.. she uses her litter box just fine except when she has diarrea she poops about 3to 4 times a day and 1 of those poos are very runny with a bit of blod in it and it is always done outside her box. I had a stool sample done at my vet that came back negative, and they want me to bring it in for a checkup. So I figure.. they want me to spend an extra 45.00 to take my cats tempature feel around her tummy and check her teeth etc.. Can they really determine whats going on by doing a check up, or is it just a way for me to pay for 5 minutes of their time & hopefully find out the problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should have her checked for?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
has she been wormed???

what is she eating?? type and brand

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anytime you find blood in the stool, it is cause for concern because it is such an obvious indicator that something is wrong with your cat. Blood in the stool is simply not normal.

Your cat needs to be brought to the vet, plain and simple. You really shouldn't be so negative when it comes to vets because your cat is going to need one throughout the rest of her life. If there is something about a particular vet that you're not pleased with, find another vet.

Neither I nor any other member will be able to diagnose your cat. Blood in the stool can mean any number of things. Colitis, parasites, infection (anal sacs, small intestine to name two). Maybe she ingested something she shouldn't have and it's causing an irritation. This is why a vet visit is in order.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

Anytime you find blood in the stool, it is cause for concern because it is such an obvious indicator that something is wrong with your cat. Blood in the stool is simply not normal.

Your cat needs to be brought to the vet, plain and simple. You really shouldn't be so negative when it comes to vets because your cat is going to need one throughout the rest of her life. If there is something about a particular vet that you're not pleased with, find another vet.

Neither I nor any other member will be able to diagnose your cat. Blood in the stool can mean any number of things. Colitis, parasites, infection (anal sacs, small intestine to name two). Maybe she ingested something she shouldn't have and it's causing an irritation. This is why a vet visit is in order.
yep...