A little black kitten

shadowfein

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all

DH and I were woken up in the early hours of this morning by a pathetic little mew. When we got up to investigate we found a tiny black kitten in the kitchen. It went frantic when it saw us but I managed to catch it in the bathroom at which point it bit me really hard on my index finger (I had forgotten that kittens have teeth like needles!). It's little heart was beating so hard and fast - it was so scared.
Anyway, it is now living in my spare room. I went to get it kitten food from the vet this morning and to give it's details to the vet in case someone is looking for it.
So, I have an extra cat in the house till the weekend. Please pray that someone either claims it or that I manage to find a great new home for it. :-)

Going home soon to see if it will come out from under the bed and will try and make friends with it this evening.

Have a good one everyone.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor little thing! How did it get into your house? And make sure you take care of that bitten finger! Cat bites can be quite nasty, even ones from kittens!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowfein

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure how it got in. Because it is really small. I don't think that it can be much older than 6 or 7 weeks. I keep one of our windows open for my cats to come in and out of the house. It must have climbed in through that window, as improbable as it seems. UNLESS - someone dumped it in through the window. Anyway.... If I can't find a home for it, I guess it will be joining my two in quarantine in the UK. Which will cost me another one million rand (not quite that much, but it is expensive...).

Called my doc about the bite since the last time I had a tetanus shot was 8 years ago. She got me straight in for another and they dressed it for me. Looks like there are two 1cm deep puncture marks on either side of my finger.

Poor little thing.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! It was just roaming around your kitchen? I wonder how it got in?

The poor scared little baby!

Keep us posted!

shadowfein

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys

The little kitten has been rehomed by a very nice lady in our complex. He is already letting them stroke him and is purring. I am very very glad.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shadowfein

Hi guys

The little kitten has been rehomed by a very nice lady in our complex. He is already letting them stroke him and is purring. I am very very glad.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.
Great news

shadowfein

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all

So I chatted to the lady who has taken him and he has settled in very well, they have named him Liqourice and he is the star in the family. He has a big ginger neutered tom - called Butternut as a friend and they spend all day washing each other.

I am really very pleased.

My finger is right as rain.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.