Isnt he a lil young??

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Jacks been asking to go out a lot at Night!! He'll sit by the back door and Meow non stop! Hes only about 3 months old ((4 at the most)) and hes only been outside once and that was a while ago. He even asks to go out when its snowing!
Actually the other night I put my old Nylon Chihuahua Size Choker Collar on him and stood stood at the door while he went out in the Snow on a leash.. he seems to like the Snow! I just dont know why he wants out all the time all of a sudden, and always at night only.

((oh and when can he get fixed??))

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He can be neutered now, actually. Some vets won't do it for a few months, but many will.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

He can be neutered now, actually. Some vets won't do it for a few months, but many will.
Ill have to start making phone calls then and find out... we wont be fixing him for a while but it doesn't hurt to call and see who'll fix him now.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Ill have to start making phone calls then and find out... we wont be fixing him for a while but it doesn't hurt to call and see who'll fix him now.
He can start impregnating females pretty young - as soon as his testicles have dropped, as far as I know. So if you aren't planning to neuter him for "a while" then it would be best to keep him INSIDE the house at all times, no matter how much he asks to go out.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

He can start impregnating females pretty young - as soon as his testicles have dropped, as far as I know. So if you aren't planning to neuter him for "a while" then it would be best to keep him INSIDE the house at all times, no matter how much he asks to go out.
General "rule" for speutering cats is 6 months or 2lbs.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may be asking to go out b/c he's feeling that ,um, call of nature... so be alerted!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

General "rule" for speutering cats is 6 months or 2lbs.
A 6 month old cat should be around 6 lbs, a 2 lbs cat would be 2 months old. I think you meant 6 weeks or 2 lbs... But actually i would be 8 weeks or 2lbs more accurately. That is the general rule as far as I know, but some vets won't do it until 6 months unfortunately.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the rescue we 'speuter' all cats at 2 pounds, usually around 10 weeks. I would definitely get him done now if he is 4 months.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

A 6 month old cat should be around 6 lbs, a 2 lbs cat would be 2 months old. I think you meant 6 weeks or 2 lbs... But actually i would be 8 weeks or 2lbs more accurately. That is the general rule as far as I know, but some vets won't do it until 6 months unfortunately.
Yes, I meant to say 6 weeks. Sorry. Wickett was something like 3 mo. when I have him neutered.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Well we're keeping him indoors as long as we can... he hasnt attempted to go out during the day, only at night. We just cant fix him at the moment because of current Money problems but I did talk to my mom today about saving money up to get him fixed soon.
I didnt know they could impregnate so young!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Jen

Umm.. can you repeat that??
JK

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you live in the states - he's old enough to be neutered now. You can do them as young as 2-3 months old (depending on weight). Charlie was done at 3 months old.

While he may be 5 months old, its possible he "knows" he's a boy and could be wanting out to search for females.

Please schedule him to be neutered as soon as you can. And keep him inside for about 2 months after so he can't get another cat pregnant. Kittens as young as 4 months old can and do breed/get pregnant.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do try to neuter him as soon as possible. As the others have said he can still impregnate females for around a month after the operation.

The other downside to NOT neutering him soon is that he could very well start spraying which can be extremely smelly and the odor is hard to get out of anything. Often once they start spraying, neutering doesn't always stop it so it's best to get the neuter done before any spraying starts.

Neutering of males is the least expensive of the neuterings so shouldn't cost too much. Phone around and get some prices. It's a relatively easy procedure and most don't even get stitches any more.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

The other downside to NOT neutering him soon is that he could very well start spraying which can be extremely smelly and the odor is hard to get out of anything. Often once they start spraying, neutering doesn't always stop it so it's best to get the neuter done before any spraying starts.
Are you saying that even though Male Cats are Fixed they can still Spray??

------------------------------------------------------------------

We dont have Money at this moment to Fix Jack but we will as soon as posible.