you wont date.......

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the dating question thing seems be popping up,
even in real life, i was having a cup of coffee with a group friends.

the subject of Wont date/marry cause of there job came up. lol seems many of my friends are single again, for some reason or another.

for me, i would not date a lawyer
how i would date but dont think i could marry a atheist.

is there someoen you wont date due to there job? or other reason it just rules them out. (no not looks)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I wouldn't ever date a male stripper....

I used to say I'd never date or marry someone in the military but that went right out the window... I used to say that because I was young and stupid and didn't understand the sacrifices like I do now. Though I have to admit, I'm glad DH's enlistment is over.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't marry a lawyer either... Ohh, I could never marry one of those people who stuffs dead animals either.... Id have a hard time not stuffing them...

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously I'd never date or marry someone who didn't love animals as much as I do. As for their career, I don't think I would ever want to be with someone famous... musicians, actors, politicians, professional athletes, etc.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never thought I would marry a Catholic, but that's what my ex was....he was mostly a Catholic in writing only though

This may sound very superficial, but I'm very wary about dating someone who makes significantly less than I do, that was the situation with my ex and he took well advantage of it
I also have problems with dating younger guys, not that being older makes them more mature

As for professions, I don't think I have a particular one I would shy away from

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Obviously I'd never date or marry someone who didn't love animals as much as I do. As for their career, I don't think I would ever want to be with someone famous... musicians, actors, politicians, professional athletes, etc.
I didn't really think about that; but I think I'd be uncomfortable with a famous person. I like to be relaxed and private; having someone special to me who has people wanting to be all up in their business would really aggrivate me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe so what your saying is you dont want to show up on people mag, or some other gossip show?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't/wouldn't, never/ever date/marry someone that worked in the 'bullpen' of a chicken processing plant!!
I would be friends...but nothing more!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hehe so what your saying is you dont want to show up on people mag, or some other gossip show?
LOL! Deffinately not! I'd be the one they pick on incessantly! Then I'd have to do something crazy to show them I don't care, which would mean that I do...then I'd be headlining the tabloids instead of my famous s/o!
Originally Posted by taterbug

I won't/wouldn't, never/ever date/marry someone that worked in the 'bullpen' of a chicken processing plant!!
I would be friends...but nothing more!
We have lots of chicken plants here....it's how the trick kids into staying in high school/going to college. Threaten them with jobs in the chicken plant!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
men who think they're better then everyone else and always seem to look at women as a creature who is beneath them

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't date or marry a mortician or taxidermist. My uncle is a mortician & I can't even shake his hand!
He also picks on me for it, too.

*shudders* Just freaks me out!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, other than the big no-nos (criminals, child and animal abusers) I couldn't be with someone who is sexist, racist, homophobic or has a closed mind. Other than that, I don't really have any hard and fast requirements; height, weight, looks etc just aren't as important as being a good person.

Okay, one requirement
He must honestly love animals, not just pretend because he thinks that's what I want to hear. In my eyes, the most plain, unassuming man becomes an amazing hunk when loving and caring for someone smaller and weaker than himself.

Why don't people want to date/marry lawyers? What am I missing here?

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Hmmm, other than the big no-nos (criminals, child and animal abusers) I couldn't be with someone who is sexist, racist, homophobic or has a closed mind.
I also think I would have trouble sharing my life with a very religious person or a butcher for example. Too differend values.

As for social standing, money isn't important to me, since I don't expect anyone else to support me. Higher education... Hmmm... Not a must, but suggests reasonably good conversations. Of course you can be smart and civilized without formal education too, but usually "working class" men aren't interested in the same things I am.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Men that treat women as if they are dogs, possessive to the point that they say that they cant wear certain things, and certain religions.

I have dated Bankers and brokers, and they are just so boring. I could never marry them.

Hubby to be is just perfect, he isnt a complete nerd, he doesnt even look like one, he is just into computer games, and knows how to fix things around the house, is funny we get along well, we have the same views, and doesnt bore me with weird things.

I also wouldnt date men that are very money concentrated.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't date a cop. For hatred reasons. I couldn't date firefighters or a fighter pilot or any other job where life is risked. I wouldn't be able to handle the stress and worry too much about them not coming home. For those of you who do have s.o's in that kind of field, you have my respect.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...if I wound up single again...

Definitely not another computer guy. I tried in college, but they never worked out. Our arguments were all about how to do something on the computer

I also never liked dating someone shorter than me...I'm 5'9 and have always had taller guys in my family...I just couldn't do it...I feel like I'm their mom.

And of course anyone that didn't treat me like crap, physically or mentally.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My bf is training to be a volunteer special constable (unpaid policeman), and he is slowly changing my opinion of the police. Its the perfect job for him, he's one of those people who actually wants to give something back to the comunity, I don't really get it, but it's an attractive quality.

I'd rather marry a guy who did something 'worthy' doctor/fire fighter/policeman/etc, but I'd date a banker/lawyer/accountant.

I think the most important thing (and whats kept me and P together) is the ability to surprise each other. There are times when I think I've got him all figured out, and then he does something wonderful and unexpected, and I realise how much more to him there is, so I never get bored.

Tall is very good, I think the perfect height for a guy is when they are tall enough to rest their chin on your head.

I second the 'never date anyone remotely famous' thing. My dad used to be in a band, and is now a record producer (much less exciting than it sounds). He isn't anywhere near famous enough to have his life splashed across the tabloids, but people tend to gravitate to him a dinner parties, typically blonde, eyelash fluttering types who think that what he does is 'so interesting! you must meet so many famous people!'.

He doesn't encourage them, but he does love to talk about his work and it drives my mum nuts sometimes to be at a friends house and hear him tell anecdote after anecdote.
I like to join the conversation sometimes and explain how trying it is to live with someone who thinks doctor, doctor jokes are the height of sophistication. the blonde types usually leave fairly quickly after that.