What attracts you romanticly?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking a lot lately about someone. I have a crush on him and it is sort of strange. I did not find him that attractive at first, but he won me over with his personality. For me this has always been true. I may not be attracted to someone until I know more about them. How about you, what attracts you to a romantic intrest?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband won me over with his personality. I thought he was some what dorky when we first met so it wasn't very physical at first.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

My husband won me over with his personality. I thought he was some what dorky when we first met so it wasn't very physical at first.
Me too! I'll admit, I wasn't really very physically attracted to John when I first met him.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lean more towards personality than physical. I'm not very pretty so who am I to judge someone else?

I usually find someone more attractive once I have gotten to know them and like their personality.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want the whole package! Physical, personality, you name it!
My DH didn't really appeal to me too much when I first saw him, but I knew he was he one! His crazy upbeat peronality that can just light a room! He was only 120lbs when I met him, and now I have him up to 200lbs! OH YEAH!!

I also will admit I am a sucker for a goot bottle of "liquidpantypulldown"
Some of those colognes smell so good... You just cant help but to smell em!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was personality, I went out with his best friend first
. he was a *&^. My now Dh consoled me after his friend cheated on me. we talked on the phone for hours, after about two weeks we started go out. thirty years later he is still a sweetie.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I lean more towards personality than physical. I'm not very pretty so who am I to judge someone else?

I usually find someone more attractive once I have gotten to know them and like their personality.
Hey, there are plenty of people in this world who wouldn't find my husband physically attractive. He's not GQ pretty or anything but I find him absolutely irresistible and totally sexy! Why? Because he's an awesome person too. I'l admit that when I first saw him it was totally physical. The first thought in my head was sex! Fortunately I had the opportunity to talk to him upon that first meeting and I really liked him. So, physical may be the hook but if there hadn't been anything to back it a romantic relationship is out.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have been physically attracted to Hubby because I picked him up at Detroit Metro airport's baggage claim.
He's intelligent and that is very important to me. We have similar backgrounds, too. I also looked at his paycheck when we first started going out.
So, he's tall, good-looking, and good in, well, you know.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it's all about personality. I can't ever remember being really attracted to someone until I've gotten to know them. When I was in high school there was a guy I had a major crush on even though he was what most people would consider downright homely. In fact, I didn't even like my husband until after I got to know him.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they don't have a good personality then it probably won't work out. Looks fade but your personalility stays the same.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has to be a mix. The guy doesn't have to be classically handsome, but some physical cuteness is necessary. Sparkly eyes, a nice smile, etc.

A warm, funny, loving personality; intelligence, strength of character (VERY important to determine as time does on), sense of humor, common interests, respect...

(uh, I think I just described my boyfriend!
)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Initially it's the guy's height. I absolutely love tall men. Next it's their hair and eye colour. For some reason I find that I prefer dark hair and dark eyes.

Now, if that person also has a beard or mustache, they don't get a second look from me. I find facial hair to be a complete turn off no matter what other qualities the person has that I might like.

Next is personality. I like humour but I don't like loud, obnoxious, class clowns who need to be the centre of attention.

I am also attracted to intelligent men. I have an IQ of 148 and I find that I seek out men who have an even higher IQ than I do because sometimes I enjoy deep conversations and I also like to continuously learn. My ex has an IQ of 175 and one thing I miss about that relationship is the conversations we used to have. Hours and hours, sometimes staying up all night and doing nothing but talking about everything and anything for 12 or more hours.

I also like it when a man remembers things that I have said. That means more to me than a bunch of flowers. And I like to know that I sometimes cross his mind when I'm not with him, so an occasional phone call to say "hello! I was thinking about you!" means so much.

I also like independence. I am not his mother and I don't expect to be treated like a slave/servent. I like it when a man can cook, clean and do laundry without expecting me to do it.

And I love it when a man can express his emotions and doesn't feel that he has to be the strong one all of the time. One quality that my ex had that I adored is his ability to be open and honest and competely candid about things, and the fact that he wasn't ashamed to shed a tear when it was warranted.

To me that all defines "romance" to me.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Initially it's the guy's height. I absolutely love tall men. Next it's their hair and eye colour. For some reason I find that I prefer dark hair and dark eyes.

Now, if that person also has a beard or mustache, they don't get a second look from me. I find facial hair to be a complete turn off no matter what other qualities the person has that I might like.

Next is personality. I like humour but I don't like loud, obnoxious, class clowns who need to be the centre of attention.

I am also attracted to intelligent men. I have an IQ of 148 and I find that I seek out men who have an even higher IQ than I do because sometimes I enjoy deep conversations and I also like to continuously learn. My ex has an IQ of 175 and one thing I miss about that relationship is the conversations we used to have. Hours and hours, sometimes staying up all night and doing nothing but talking about everything and anything for 12 or more hours.

I also like it when a man remembers things that I have said. That means more to me than a bunch of flowers. And I like to know that I sometimes cross his mind when I'm not with him, so an occasional phone call to say "hello! I was thinking about you!" means so much.

I also like independence. I am not his mother and I don't expect to be treated like a slave/servent. I like it when a man can cook, clean and do laundry without expecting me to do it.

And I love it when a man can express his emotions and doesn't feel that he has to be the strong one all of the time. One quality that my ex had that I adored is his ability to be open and honest and competely candid about things, and the fact that he wasn't ashamed to shed a tear when it was warranted.

To me that all defines "romance" to me.
Honey, you dont need a man, YOU NEED A WIFE!!
LOL