RIP Heath Ledger

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I just posted about this as well. I liked him too. He wasn't with Michelle anymore, but a litte girl has lost her dad.
We must have posted at the same time- I'm so sad, I really loved his movies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favourite was always 10 things I hate about you. He was so cute in that.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

My favourite was always 10 things I hate about you. He was so cute in that.
I liked that one too, I really liked all of his movies. I feel so awful that his little girl has lost her father, he was so young, only 28!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just logged on here to post about this. I am so terribly sad. He was so young - 28 years old. And from Perth! I always feel that little extra something when someone from my town makes it big, or when they die. He went to Guildford Grammar school - 10 minutes from where I live.

He was truly a very talented, very compelling actor to watch, and I feel terribly sorry for his family and daughter. RIP Heath.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard 20 minutes ago that Aussie actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York home by his housekeeper. I'm in shock, as are the Aussie media reporters breaking the story.
He would have been 29 in April, that's between my 2 older sons who will be 28in March & 30 in April.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's so sad. The only place I knew him from was Brokeback Mountain, but that was enough to brand him in my memory. What a gift he had.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

This news makes me sick to my stomach. What a waste!
That's what my boss said. He couldn't believe it. He said `he lived every Perth kid's dream - and now dead so young. I wish we could get people to go around to all the schools in this city and say to young people "here is another Perth boy who grew up successful and died from drugs"'

And it's true - there's another really famous, incredibly talented Perth athlete whose last year or so has been blighted by drug addiction and run-ins with the law. Kids absolutely idolise him, and he just abuses it.

Too much fame and freedom too young, and some of them just can't handle it and they end up dead way before their time. It's such a tragedy.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, that's so sad. The only place I knew him from was Brokeback Mountain, but that was enough to brand him in my memory. What a gift he had.
The 1st movie I saw him in was 'A Knights Tale', then '10 Things I Hate About You'. He also played Mel Gibson's oldest son in 'The Patriot'.

Such a waste of a young life.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so sad
Especially if it is a drug overdose. To get in such a state of mind that you don't even care about what you're going to do to the daughter you're leaving behind.