Cello Update and my awful decision

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone who has been following my thread.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155081

Here is the latest.

Cello is at the hospital and on IV fluids and antibiotics and steroids. I got his blood work back and it is not good. It all indiciates an overwhleming infection in his whole system, his neutrophils have all but given up and his WBC count is scary low. He also has extremely elevated sugar in his blood and urine??? (he has been tested for diabetes in the past......I also monitor his food/water daily as well as weigh him once a week and all that has been 100% up until sunday morning)

Basically the vet says tomorrow I have a big decision to make, because we may be fighting agaist a brick wall.

I can't believe this is happening and I actually feel ill, i'm going to see him tonight at 5. If I lose him I don't know what I'll do.

Thats about all I can say about that.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cello will tell you what's right....if it's time to let go. If he's still fighting, fight along with him.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi - I have been following your thread and just wanted you to know that you and your baby have been in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong... please keep us posted.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont give up yet. In 2001 I was told Coco did not have a chance because she was very sick. They thought she had Diabetis because her Sugar was so high. It was 329 Her Bun was 91. I sure hope yiur Cat can get better. I just had to have 2 Pts and I keep thinking was it the right choice. That is the hardest desion to ever make. You can Pn if you need to talk. What do they think he has?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lots of vibes for your gorgeous Cello I agree with Natalie, if he is fighting, keep fighting with him

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to you and precious Cello.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to see him. I spent after work until they made me leave just petting him and the vet said it really seemed to calm him down. It made me happy to see him and I'm trying really hard to be optimistic, but I won't know anything until i get the tests back tomorrow. If any values go up i'm not giving up on him. I've already rallied a bunch of friends and family anf they will help me with immediate costs if he requires multiple days in the hospital, but on the other hand if his body isn't fighting I know I have to do what's right by him..............

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your presence calmed Cello and I have no doubt reminded your baby to choose life if at all possible.

Both of you will remain in my thoughts as you go forward with this challenge.

Come on Cello, you can do it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Your presence calmed Cello and I have no doubt reminded your baby to choose life if at all possible.

Both of you will remain in my thoughts as you go forward with this challenge.

Come on Cello, you can do it.
c'mon, Cello! & for you & your sweet boy...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I am so sorry Cello is so sick!!

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Many ((VIBES)) to the sweetie. I hope he pulls thru.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If there is an infection, it was probally made worse by the steroids. Steroids are immune suppressants. Also, if there is glucose in his urine, thats a sign of diabetes. A steriod shot can push a borderline diabetic in to full blown diabetes. I dont know how old cello is, but most cats become diabetic at around 7 years old or older and are overweight... as for the rest of whats going on....

I can only send you vibes and prayers that he pulls through ok...

Cello is in my thoughts...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on Cello!! You can do it! Get better!!

& to you at this difficult time!! I hope he can pull through! You're in my prayers tonight!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's fantastic that you and cello are getting so much support from family and friends. be strong little man.