by nature / AvoDerm

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi
Does anybody have any experience with the by nature brand? As I'm sure you know (since I've been making posts like this for a week now
), I've been experimenting with different brands of wet food, to see what K-Pants likes, so that he can have a variety of good quality stuff, along with his Nutro dry & wet. I've discovered that he's far more picky than I thought he'd be (he won't touch anything that Merrick or Eagle Pack makes, but he just loves a good dust bunny!).

Today, I gave him by nature chicken & chicken liver, and it's by far the most appetizing, "real" looking brand I've seen. I was wondering if you guys have tried it, and what you think.

I also bought AvoDerm and Blue Spa, which he hasn't tried yet. Any opinions on either of those would also be appreciated, on the (off) chance that he actually will eat them

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
According to Zoey who is VERY PICKY with wet ... by nature is good .... she does also like the small chunky avoderm cans.. blue spa was not to her liking

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here the turkey & turkey liver by Nature Organics cans are liked. The AvoDerm 3oz cuts cans are also tolerated. But, yeah....two of the 3 who eat the by Nature Organics cans go nutty over it!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the By Nature pouches and Mattie didn't really go for them. She's not a picky cat either. I figured she'd like them because she loves gravy and foods with chunks, but the gravy in this is a little thick for her maybe?

Listen to me, trying to make sense of a cat's food preferences

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

Listen to me, trying to make sense of a cat's food preferences
The sign of a true cat lover

Just as an update, Kit LOVED the by nature chicken & chicken liver pouch; he scarfed it. I tried AvoDerm tuna & crab today, which he was happily munching on as I left for work.. woohooooo! I'm getting from him that he likes food that actually LOOKS like food, to some degree
Can't say I blame him. He's also a fan of gravy... he'll eat pretty much anything as long as it's covered in the stuff, haha