Office romances

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been involved in one? Wanted to be? Come on....details please!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, and we've been married almost 13 years now. I highly recommend them. :p

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met John at my very first full time job after I left home. We worked together for about a year before we actually started going on dates, ect. We officially started dating in May & moved in together in June
We worked together until October of that year when we both got different jobs.

We've been together for just about 3 years now

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely not! It's much too awkward, when they crash and burn, having to see that person every day. One of the guys, in my office has gone through three, in the past year and a half, they all ended messily and caused a lot of drama and office gossip.

Another man had to get a restraining order, against HIS office cutie (she was stalking him off-site and hanging around his desk all the time). They BOTH wound up getting fired.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a tough one. If it's "real" and not just a fling... tho' you can't know right away. Hate to turn down a nice guy just cuz we work together. But what I found a lot of in the office is predatory behavior on the part of married men. That is a HUUUUUGE turnoff.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I haven't. I make it a policy to keep my work and my private life separate.

I've known people who did the office romance thing and it only leads to disaster. Couples fight and/or break up and when those 2 continue to work in the same environment it can make for some pretty tense and volatile situations.

Besides, when I date someone and the relationship ends, the last thing I want to do is see that person on a daily basis where I work.

I work in a hospital that has hundreds of cute, eligible guys, and a few, including some doctors and interns have even asked me out. I will have a friendly work lunch or coffee break with them, but I don't take it out of the work place environment.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and my husband met at work..It was great at first
but as time went on,our boss was a jerk to us.
He even told tell us that we should break up
because it was effecting our work.
Instead i found another job.
We lived together also so working together
and living together didn't mix lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 friends who have met thier spouses through where they work, and all have been married more than 5 years. I guess it's all a game of luck. Plus knowing how to keep personal personal and professional professional.

I personally have never had one........I met my love Jerry on line.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had one that led to marriage. Of course we are divorced now. I work for present DH so I guess I am still having an office romance. I always tell people that I am sleeping with my boss as a joke. Of course he tells people he same thing.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound so bad, but I have had numerous dating experiences through work.
Only 1 out of the group worked, but we broke up for about 9 months and tried again recently. We no longer work together, actually we no longer even live in the same state. It seems to work for us.

I have only had 1 situation that ended badly. Being in a hospital, you are exposed to many, many people and he ended up cheating on me, with my MARRIED BEST friend, that worked on the same floor. That was a little rough, but didn't stay bad long because I removed myself from the situation.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex and I worked together, but he got transferred to my office after we had started dating and by the time we broke up had been transferred to another department so it never really caused any problems

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Met my ex-husband at work. He was in a different department. I'm glad he quit before we divorced, as it would not have been good to have to see him every day after the divorce.

I'm against them for the most part, mainly cause if you break up and both still stay at the company, things can get messy and awkward depending on the reasons of the break up.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a guy that used to work here, that I went out with a couple of times (while he still worked here). Nothing really came of it, and he's now married to someone else. I did attend the wedding. We were really more friends than anything. I have seen some relationships around here go bad and it is no fun when that happens. I don't think I would ever do it again. I think I got lucky because we only went out a couple times and nothing more ever came of it. I don't think would date where I worked unless I knew one of us would be leaving shortly. It's hard enough ending a realtionship without having to see the person at work every day. (take that advice with a grain of salt considering I'm the one wanting to date my cat's vet.
)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't, but that's how my parents met, and they were happily together for over 50 years, so it's not always bad. I think, though, that the odds of it working are not good, for all of the reasons already stated.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The closest I ever came to an office romance, was dating a guy that worked at the McDonalds that was located in the Walmart I worked at. It was sweet, we walked to work together then home together..and peered across the checkouts at eachother

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had what was supposed to be a "fling" with a man that worked at our Vancouver office. He was scheduled to back to Canada, so we flung. Imagine how I felt when the co. decided to extend his stay at corporate. So awkward! Didn't marry him. Last I heard, he was on his fourth and I am on my first!