cat air travel

jkgyuro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I will be traveling with my 2 cats by air and I am having trouble finding travel water and food bowls!

I will probably go with a Sherpa bag but I do not know where to hang the bowls from?
I know on the plastic carriers they just hang on the door.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

P.S. Has anyone tried the product DryFur?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jkgyuro

Hi, I will be traveling with my 2 cats by air and I am having trouble finding travel water and food bowls!

I will probably go with a Sherpa bag but I do not know where to hang the bowls from?
I know on the plastic carriers they just hang on the door.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

P.S. Has anyone tried the product DryFur?
I do not understand your question. Do you want to take the cats on the plane with you? If they are small enough you can take them to your seat and store them under the seat in front of you during take off and landing. Then you can put the bag on your lap and open it. My wife just did this on American Airlines. We withheld food and water from the cat (kitten) the night before so she would not mess in the bag and that worked great. But it was just a three hour flight. So, are you taking the cats on the plane with you or are you putting them in cargo? You can take them on the plane with you if they fit in a bag that wil fit under the seat in front of you. I can give you the exact dimensions that are acceptable from my wife. If you have large cats they will have to be stuffed into a bag and they may not fit.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi !
I've travelled a lot with cats, even transatlantic flights.

what i do is the following -
1- i stop giving them food the night before (approx 12 hrs before flight)
2- i stop giving them water 3 hrs before
3- i give them a little of a sleeping pill just to relax them
4- take a little bag with dirty litter with you to put in their new litter box to make them feel more at home

they can handle a 10 hr flight perfectly like this !!

I would not bother trying to water / feed them during the trip, in my opinion is better when you get to your destination and they are out of the carrier / bag.

Have a safe trip !!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question - are you thinking of taking 2 cats on board by only one person? Or do you have 2 people who each would have a cat? If its yourself, you are only allowed to take ONE cat per person.

And whenever I flew, I would not feed or water them during the flight - they were fine. So don't worry about food/water bowls in a soft-sided carrier.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dahmer wouldn't eat or drink anyway when I offered him some. He preferred to get the heck home and out of the carrier for good!