TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › alice in wonderland
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

alice in wonderland

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
According to my doc, some tests they did showed that my
level of serotonin if i spelled it right, are way below normal levels.

So according to him,
1) this is why i am having a super hard time sleeping,
2) why i feel blah, no engery.
3)why i have a i dont care thing going on,lol which is how i am all the time, that started when i was born.

So he have me some pills, which i dont have on me so i cant tell you what they are.

after taking them for a couple of days i managed to sleep 5 hours stright without waking up

Bad side i had some strange and twisted dreams, that i cant repeat on a family site. or tell the wife about
i been waking up with, WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ABOUT TYPE STUFF.

lol i did have a fun one, was my cats where talking, and heyu was sitting in chair smoking a pipe and watching cartoons on TV
post #2 of 15
oh how funny!!!
post #3 of 15
Did you have another one last night?
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
yep been having them every night since i started those pills
post #5 of 15
OMG Heyu was smoking a pipe and watching cartoons
post #6 of 15
I've been having weird dreams too, ever since my doc put me on a mild sleeping aid. But at least I'm getting some sleep, which is better than nothing at all.

I like your cat dream, Imp! That's funny!

~KK~
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
I've been having weird dreams too, ever since my doc put me on a mild sleeping aid. But at least I'm getting some sleep, which is better than nothing at all.

I like your cat dream, Imp! That's funny!

~KK~
i was justt looking it up, these are common side effects

"studies have shown that serotonin influences the time and duration a person experiences REM sleep during the night"

oh great, hmm so whats next into the lookglass we go
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
i was justt looking it up, these are common side effects

"studies have shown that serotonin influences the time and duration a person experiences REM sleep during the night"

oh great, hmm so whats next into the lookglass we go
Are they interupting your sleep at all? Sometimes when I have vivid dreams I wake up more tired.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
hmm no not really, i am sleeping longer with out waking up.
i had been waking up every hour on the hour. so for me to go 5 hours stright without waking up is a good thing.

Normaly my dreams have been about flying, or riding motorcycles, travel stuff like that, at least those are the one i remember.

not the types i have been getting lol..
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
hmm no not really, i am sleeping longer with out waking up.
i had been waking up every hour on the hour. so for me to go 5 hours stright without waking up is a good thing.

Normaly my dreams have been about flying, or riding motorcycles, travel stuff like that, at least those are the one i remember.

not the types i have been getting lol..
Well use it to your advantage when you wake up.
post #11 of 15
If you have a low seratonin level, your doctor may have put you on an SSRI.

"Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a class of antidepressants used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, and some personality disorders. " That is from Wikipedia when you Goggle SSRI (besides, I take one of them).

Of course, the next paragraph says that, "SSRIs increase the extracellular level of the neurotransmitter serotonin by inhibiting its reuptake into the presynaptic cell, increasing the level of serotonin available to bind to the postsynaptic receptor. They have varying degrees of selectivity for the other monoamine transporters, having little binding affinity for the noradrenaline and dopamine transporters." I took neurobiology in college, but this is stretching my knowledge.

One of the side effects of SSRIs is having extremely vivid and strange dreams. Another is clenching your teeth, which I have, but it is better than being depressed.

I'd find out what the pills are and discuss this with your doctor.
post #12 of 15
That's just too funny about Heyu smoking a pipe and watching cartoons! I wonder what your cats were talking about?!! Well, congrats on actually getting some sleep anyway!
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by butzie View Post
If you have a low seratonin level, your doctor may have put you on an SSRI.

"Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a class of antidepressants used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, and some personality disorders. " That is from Wikipedia when you Goggle SSRI (besides, I take one of them).

One of the side effects of SSRIs is having extremely vivid and strange dreams. Another is clenching your teeth, which I have, but it is better than being depressed.
Yea that is is what i found also, but the question is, are they causing the dream, or have those always been there lol..

anyway, i dont feel depressed, or any anxiety, hmm personality disorders, i am guy who posts on a cat site so yea, i guess that one works
post #14 of 15
You now seem to be entering REM sleep which is why you dream. That's a good thing

The doctor at the pain clinic prescribed Amitriptyline for me because I have been waking up every couple of hours through the night with mega pain. I was instructed to take 2 tablets about 6 hours before going to bed.

Talk about freaky dreams! Or rather, night terrors! I had very vivid nightmares of being set on fire and burned alive, being pushed off a cliff and hitting waking up just before I hit the ground etc. I only took those for 3 nights and then said forget it! I'd rather wake up in pain than experience those types of dreams.

If your dreams are no worse than Hey You sitting smoking a pipe, I wouldn't worry about it too much. In time it may settle down.

Also, maybe change the time of day that you take the pills. Most anti-depressants are taken in the morning when the person is awake for the day. The fact that you work nights might indicate you having to take them in the evening before you go to work.

I know when I started on Celexa I took one at night to get me started, I had the weirdest dreams. In fact while I slept, I had a restless sleep. When I switched to taking them in the morning I was fine and slept better without weird dreams.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty View Post
That's just too funny about Heyu smoking a pipe and watching cartoons! I wonder what your cats were talking about?!! Well, congrats on actually getting some sleep anyway!


i agree!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › alice in wonderland