Question about a Gadget

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the gym I see people wearing an upper arm strap that has some kind of an electronic device on it with ear phones.

Anyone know what that is?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or a blood pressure or heart rate monitor. I think they even have a respiration monitor now that doesn't require a chest strap.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely an Ipod or an MP3 player. I wear my Ipod on my arm like that when i work out at the gym

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yes its a mp3
I just did a google search and it does look more like an MP3 player than an iPod.

One girl had one that looked like it also had a radio with it...there was a mini antenae sticking out.

I have a disk size MP3 player which is good enough for me, but the arm ones look pretty cool and much more work out friendly, lol

I'll put that on my wish list for when I get back to work.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are so many different sized ipods now! I have a first generation nano and its not very big, but bigger that you described. It may be an ipod shuffle, those are pretty small. Although there are so many different types of mp3 players out now who knows!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a small MP3 player already, it may easy to find an armband/holder for the one you have. Target/Wal*Mart, Best Buy have various types of holders. Some of them are stretchy enough to work on several models.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

If you have a small MP3 player already, it may easy to find an armband/holder for the one you have. Target/Wal*Mart, Best Buy have various types of holders. Some of them are stretchy enough to work on several models.
My MP3 player is archaic by today's standards. You have to burn the files to a CD and then put in the CD. The newer MP3 players seem to have a flash drive that you just load the files directly onto. Mine isn't like that.

Here is the one that I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SL-M.../dp/B00008IP5P

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow its a discman or whatever they are called. It plays discs and mps meaning that you can listen to burned discs on it. iPods and other mp3 players you just plug into the computer and upload the music right on it. Plus no skipping or scratched discs or anything. An iPod is an mp3 player though, iPod would just be the brand name. They come in all sorts of sizes.

This is what you are seeing
http://images.music123.com/products/...ple/256288.jpg