What's for dinner tonight???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I have NO idea what i'm fixing!
We're out of just about everything at the moment (i'm making my grocery list so we can go to the store in the morning!
) What are you guys having for dinner tonight? I'm not feeling so great so i think i'm going to make some homemade soup or something like that! Not sure yet!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to bed early so I can get up, go to work early, and come home early to get Peaches to the vet for her checkup tomorrow. And since I live alone, I am just having cottage cheese and peaches.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had steak of some sort... John's dad covered it in flour and then fried it. We had baked potato, corn and macaroni and cheese with it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing special, John is out snowblowing since we got about 6" of snow today so just chicken nuggets & Funyuns for me!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to do groceries on the way home, and I think I'm probably going to pick up a rotisserie chicken. Caesar salad to go with it, and then there'll be chicken for other uses later in the week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok we're having homemade soup....with whatever i had laying around the house
We've got sweet italian turkey sausage, 1 can of peeled tomatoes (diced) in juice, low sodium chicken broth, garlic, wostershire sauce, terriaki sauce, basil, parsley flakes, chili powder, dill, nutmeg, spiral pasta, wild rice, and i'm sure i'm leaving out a few seasonings

We'll see how it turns out
I've never made this before- i just kind of threw stuff together and hope it tastes ok! It smells ok so far.

I'm soo going to the grocery store in the morning
I'm out of just about everything!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was an important one: my Last Supper prior to lap-band surgery. As of tomorrow, I'm on the Opti-Fast liquid diet for ten days, and the surgery is February 1st.

So we did it right: my mom made her world-famous vegetarian spaghetti sauce, and I had two platefuls of sketti with crispy garlic bread and a glass of red wine.

I've saved myself the last of the season's supernaturally wonderful HoneyCrisp apples to have as a bedtime snack... and then I won't be having anything solid for at least a month.

But it'll be worth it to have my life back!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I didn't have much for dinner tonight. I had Yoga at 6:30 and I thought it probably wasn't a good idea to have a heavy dinner beforehand. So I had a spinach salad and bread with hummus.

Now I'm back and I'll have a honey sandwich made with banana bread.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we had football food last night, hotdogs, we are having our "Sunday" dinner tonight which is a Chateaubriand, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and boiled new potatoes. Still celebrating hubby's new job!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made marinated steak and mashed potatoes with a salad for DH.

Since I'm not holding food well, I'm having Lipton Noodle Soup and some fresh bread Mom made in her bread machine yesterday. Oh and some peppermint tea!