Do you think your kitties look like boys or girls?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think boy kitties look like boys or girl kitties look like girls? My Bailey keeps getting mistaken for a girl when people see him, but I think he is very manly!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone calls Trout a boy
So I guess she looks like a boy..even though she is a tortie

(Or maybe its her unfortunate name that makes people think that
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone that looks at Harley usually knows he's a boy - he's so big & manly

But Bayley... he gets mistaken for a girl kitty a lot because he's so petite & tiny!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's hard to say on the kittens but for the adults Leo and Spike definitely look like boys and I think Lilly and Grabat definitely look like girls... but Spooky Bear looks more like a girl just because he's so petite and Tabitha is very "manly" looking.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if i didn't know already, i'd say they definately look like girly's! they have the most prettiest faces in the world!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think people have their preconceptions about cats and generally relate a particular color pattern or coat type to a certain sex. Some (for those who know) are obvious like orange tabbies (boys) and tri-colors (girls).

I didn't know about tri-colors when I found Frankie but we kept the name and now people get confused. My mother refuses to accept that Frankie is the girl and Wickett is the boy... everytime she gets it wrong!

Originally Posted by butzie

No one doubts Butzie is a girl. She has that princess air about her
See, I always thought boy until I saw you say differently.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely. Baby's face is longer and she's more petite than Tiny; and Tiny has a little bit of a tomcat look to him because he wasn't neutered until he was about ten months old.

It may be easier to tell gender by the faces if the cat wasn't neutered before sexual maturity.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought Sash looked like a boy and he certainly acts every bit of a loverboy!

I do think their are some cats that look like their boys and some you can just tell that their a girl kitty without even knowing, sometimes I've been surprised though.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Yes, definitely. Baby's face is longer and she's more petite than Tiny; and Tiny has a little bit of a tomcat look to him because he wasn't neutered until he was about ten months old.

It may be easier to tell gender by the faces if the cat wasn't neutered before sexual maturity.
That makes sense. A lot of development is missed if you take out the hormones too early. And explains why my boys look like boys. Dahmer was 1.5 years when he was neutered, Kayden would be 9 months (hopefully we're getting him neutered within the next couple weeks).

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark is quite often mistaken for a boy, people assume that because she is all black, she is male!

But we know for sure that she is female...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the only ones of mine that could be mistaken for the opposite sex are Nemesis, she's solid black and built like a truck, so she sorta looks like a boy, and maybe Antigone and Perseus, they're "plain" brown tabbies so unless you knew which one was a boy and which one was a girl you might mistake them

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky looks very girl she is tri colored, but she is also very tiny petite, Gus looks like a boy because he is only three months old, and he is bigger than Lucky, he is a moose

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikita gets mistaken for a boy all the time. Even when I'm specifically making sure to use "she" in some of my photo posts on flickr etc. I still get comments saying "he"

I think it's because she's tabby/spotted and she's quite muscular so she's not got the dainty female build that you can see in some cats.