I need help with how to let a man know your intrested in him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, maybe this is totally wrong, but I have a big crush on Jordan's vet. He has a last name that to me is very obviously Slovac. My mom is 100% slovac and so I just new it was a Slovac name. So when Jordan went in for his rabies booster I asked, "Is your last name Slovac?" I think it sort of shocked him. I couldn't tell if he was uncomfortable, or just truly supprised. You have no idea the amount of time it took me to get up the guts to ask him that much. I just don't know if that was obvious enough that he knows I'm intrested or not. I do not have the guts to ask him out, but I want him to know I'm intrested so that if he is he will ask me out. Now maybe because he's my cat's vet he wouldn't ask me out anyway. This is the first time in probably over 5 years I've been intrested enough in someone to try to flirt. So if anyone who actually knows anything about this stuff could help I would appreciate it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whens your next vet visit?.

I would just make small talk with him when your next there and find bits out about him. If your anything like me you'll know his shoe size by the time you leave

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make sure he's not married/engaged/otherwise not single.
That's one blooper you don't wanna make especially if he's your cat's vet. Finding good vets is a pain in the butt.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when you have your next appointment, make sure you have a NORMAL conversation with him, & always act like yourself, because you want him to fall for you, & not someone you pretend to be. if you get me LOL! if the conversation's going good (& if he doesn't ask first), then ask him out for a drink (as friends), & see how it goes!

good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

Make sure he's not married/engaged/otherwise not single.
That's one blooper you don't wanna make especially if he's your cat's vet. Finding good vets is a pain in the butt.
You know your right. He doesn't ware a ring so I just assume he's single. He could have a s.o. of some sort. This is just so confusing.

Originally Posted by theimp98

next visit ask him out for a cup of coffee.
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

when you have your next appointment, make sure you have a NORMAL conversation with him, & always act like yourself, because you want him to fall for you, & not someone you pretend to be. if you get me LOL! if the conversation's going good (& if he doesn't ask first), then ask him out for a drink (as friends), & see how it goes!

good luck
It took all my guts just to ask about his last name. I could never ask him out, I'm just too chicken for that. Unless Jordan gets sick again it's going to be about 4-5 months before I see him again.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

You know your right. He doesn't ware a ring so I just assume he's single. He could have a s.o. of some sort. This is just so confusing.
Great blooper free way of checking his martial status is ask him something and pretend he has one like.. "I bet your girlfriend hates the fact you work all the time." or some other thing like that. You'll either get, "yeah she does" or "I don't have a girlfriend." :p

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the best piece of advice I've ever heard on how to flirt:

Don't.

Just be your best self... smile easily... and let the gentleman see that you are a positive person with joy in her heart.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
after checking he is not in a relationship.........

does he do house calls ? he can always stay for coffee after !

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Here's the best piece of advice I've ever heard on how to flirt:

Don't.

Just be your best self... smile easily... and let the gentleman see that you are a positive person with joy in her heart.
That would be easy for me, I just don't know how to flirt. When I was younger I had friends that knew how to flirt, but I just never picked it up. Sometimes I think that's why I'm 33 single, no boyfriend and haven't had a relationship in 10 years.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an idea, but you could send a little gift for being for being so good with Jordan. Make him cookies, or send a bouquet of flowers for the office. He would probably call to thank you and that would be an ice breaker.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant imagine not flirting! Im married and I still flirt! So does my DH!! We are natural born flirters I guess!!

Now, that being said, I bit Jake to get him to know I liked him (it was 10 years ago, I was a kid
) We flirted, and I talked him into going places with me, and we built up from there! I brought him home late, even though he told me he had to go, I would just tell him he was kidnapped and then he would have to relay the message to his mom! His mom still picks on me about that!

I would just try to keep talking to him to see if he's interested or if he has a GF, Wife, SO, or something like that! Ya know, Im sure you could find SOMETHING to take your kitty to the vet for before that.... LOL

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Just an idea, but you could send a little gift for being for being so good with Jordan. Make him cookies, or send a bouquet of flowers for the office. He would probably call to thank you and that would be an ice breaker.
hmmm I'll have to think about that one. The truth is Jordan is so naughty at the vets office and they are always so good to him. I remember a vet tech telling him that she loved him even though he hated her. His compasion with me & with Jordan are part of what I find attractive about him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just ask him out for a cup of coffee. Or make an appointment with him for your pet just before lunch and when you're done, ask if he's had lunch yet and then suggest grabbing lunch together.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vet is a hottie too
He's nice eye candy to look at
Makes trips to the vet's office more exciting

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

hmmm I'll have to think about that one. The truth is Jordan is so naughty at the vets office and they are always so good to him. I remember a vet tech telling him that she loved him even though he hated her. His compasion with me & with Jordan are part of what I find attractive about him.
Why not write a note to that effect to him and his staff? Just tell him how much you appreciate them. Nobody EVER hears that too much.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're that nervous, have a shot of something alcoholic (but not too much so that you're slurring your words
)...it's called Dutch Courage (or at least what I was told in college)

Make another appointment with him do some more small talk so that you feel more comfortable around him. Then have another appointment and ask him out. He probably won't be able to ask you if there is an office policy against that...so if you want to see him out of the vet's office you'll have to make the move (besides guys totally dig it).

Oh and once you do go out with him
if you really want to see again, tell him that: "I had a lot of fun, you should take me out again". It slices through the whole guessing game in dating "does she like me, doesn't she"...I've had more guys tell me this and have seen more of my girlfriends in successful relationships just because they stopped "hinting" and told the guy they liked him.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...I had friends that knew how to flirt, but I just never picked it up. Sometimes I think that's why I'm 33 single, no boyfriend and haven't had a relationship in 10 years.
Y'know, after I posted that, I realized... I've lived like a nun for 20 years! I'm the LAST person you should take this kind of advice from!

Ignore me.