TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Cat in heat question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cat in heat question

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Our cat Nala is just over a year old and she goes in and out of
heat all the time (we getting her fixed at income tax time)
The last time she went in heat was November.
Is this normal ? were concerned why she hasn't
been in heat sine November.
post #2 of 10
Some cats will stop going into heat for a few months in the winter time. My rexes did that - stopped in Sept/Oct. and didn't come back in till about February. They did this naturally.

You are lucky your girl stopped. Hope your taxes come back soon to get her spayed cause its not good to keep going in and out of heat all the time. Be very careful she doesn't get outside and get pregnant!

Is there any way you can find a low cost clinic to get her in now when she's not in heat - it would be a lot easier and safer to have it done now.
post #3 of 10
My Nala did the exact same thing this year. No worries Ive been waiting to spay her till her open wounds on her neck clear, one heal at a time... Looks like I have that solved tho yay!

same age, same name, same cycle... wonder if they look alike followed pics link but nothing showed for me
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle View Post
Our cat Nala is just over a year old and she goes in and out of
heat all the time (we getting her fixed at income tax time)
The last time she went in heat was November.
Is this normal ? were concerned why she hasn't
been in heat sine November.
Have you looked around for low cost clinics?
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Yeah she's an indoor cat so i won't have to worry
about babies lol

Thank you all....I was kinda worried about her
post #6 of 10
you do realize she is at a MUCH HIGHER risk of many cancers by not being spayed and / or being a breeding cat
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
you do realize she is at a MUCH HIGHER risk of many cancers by not being spayed and / or being a breeding cat
Income tax time is only only a month away at most (if your employer is lazy with the w-2s). I think she'll be ok for one more month. Better than not being spayed at all.

Edited : it's your not you're lmao.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiron View Post
Income tax time is only only a month away at most (if your employer is lazy with the w-2s). I think she'll be ok for one more month. Better than not being spayed at all.

Edited : it's your not you're lmao.
every heat does add to it but good catch I didnt see the tax time
post #9 of 10
Well hopefully when you get your taxes back you can get her in there quick!!

heres what I know about the spaying of a female:
The benefits of spaying your pet

*Removal of the ovaries and uterus. Ideal age, 4-6 mon ths
*If spayed before the first heat cycle your pet has a less than 1% chance of developing mammary cancer.

*If spayed after one heat cycle, your pet has an 8% chance of developing mammary cancer.

* If spayed after 2 heat cycles, the risk increases to 26%, thrtr id no protrctive benefits in spaying after two heat cycles.

~Eliminates the risk of ovarian and uterine cancer.
~ Eliminates unwanted pregnancys
~ Eliminates the chance of pyometra, a life threatening uterine infection commom in older intact females
post #10 of 10
i do hope she isn't in heat when your money comes through - please do regular breast checks on her as she will be at increased risk of mammary cancer (average age is 10), it is somethign that if caught in time could make a big difference to the outcome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Cat in heat question