So my Mom wants me to take a pregnancy test...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really don't know that I could be, but I guess it's possible. I've had a sick stomach for 2 days now (and been nauseous) but that's not what made her say that I don't think. I was whining about all these stomach pains from the upset tummy and I told her that for the past 3 or 4 days now, my skin feels tight on my body in my abdomen. Like on my sides from below my breasts and then down through the front. I don't think I have any other symptoms though. I'm not due for my period till Friday.

So I guess I will get a test tomorrow and take it; mainly just because I take Zantac and I know your not supposed to be on that. I just don't know what to think.

HELP!!!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like you could be but to make sure with the test I would try to get a two pack test and take one the morning after and one the wednesday following the friday youre supposed to get your period. If they both come back negative and you believe you could be pregnant see your OB and ask for a syrum test. Also right above the pelvic bone where the uterus is there would be a small knot(baby) you can feel it at about 6 weeks. I remember mine
it was just there and so amazing I knew that was my baby. My mom who is an RN told me about it and even showed me where to feel...you can also go to webmd.com and look up stuff to see what else matches your syptoms if everything comes back negative or if youre just curious before then too.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to tell you!!!!! It wouldn't hurt to get a few home tests and see what the say. I think they work pretty well for home test. Buy a few different brands and see what they say.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive found out I was pregnant with every one of my children with the over the counter pregnancy tests! They're really helpful and accurate! I would give it a try! Can't hurt, might help! If you were pregnant your baby would be smaller than a pinhead right now, so you wouldn't have the tightening of the skin yet! I can't ask if your breast hurt because that happens right before a period too.... If you get an EPT, you can find out up to week before your period....

Go to the store and get one! I wanna know too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My boobs feel fine. My mom asked me that one. They don't generally hurt before a period either. My sister in law uses the early tests and they've confirmed all of her pregnancys. (Including one who is due this Sept!)

Is anyone in my area!?!? If I had someone to go to the drug store with me right now I would!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My boobs feel fine. My mom asked me that one. They don't generally hurt before a period either. My sister in law uses the early tests and they've confirmed all of her pregnancys. (Including one who is due this Sept!)

Is anyone in my area!?!? If I had someone to go to the drug store with me right now I would!
If I were near you I would definitely take you! I'm 10 weeks along now, and my one and only symptom that early on was the most awful constipation imaginable.
Other than that, most other symptoms didn't start for me until I was about 6 weeks along or so. Everyone is different though. I hope everything turns out however you want it too! I'm here if you wanna worry.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I dont think I live anywhere close to you... But couldn't you wear a disguise??
You could go in cognetio or however that is spelled!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh believe me I'm worried!

It wouldn't be a bad thing if I am. But it's not quite the plan. The plan was 2010. But a few weeks ago for the first time ever I felt the bite of the baby bug. That was a few days before my DH had his dream I was pregnant (and he doesn't remember his dreams). But I honestly hadn't associated the weird feelings in my abdomen with that. I guess time will tell. I live like 3 minutes from a 24hour drug store, I just dont want to go out at night. It's freezing here!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're not in your PJ's already then go! Otherwise you'll just be worrying all night and won't get any sleep.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh believe me I'm worried!

It wouldn't be a bad thing if I am. But it's not quite the plan. The plan was 2010. But a few weeks ago for the first time ever I felt the bite of the baby bug. That was a few days before my DH had his dream I was pregnant (and he doesn't remember his dreams). But I honestly hadn't associated the weird feelings in my abdomen with that. I guess time will tell. I live like 3 minutes from a 24hour drug store, I just dont want to go out at night. It's freezing here!
Here too!! I have a couple left.....too bad I can't just email them to you!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it wouldn't hurt to do a couple of home tests, mainly for peace of mind if you are! if you still don't have any idea, then it's probably best to speak with your doctor

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My neighbour has a spare as well that she wants to give me that I could give you as well.
I don't trust them anyway. Next time I think I'm pregnant, I'm just going straight in for a blood test rather than bothering with the stupid over the counter things. I've never met anyone else who's failed so many urine preg. tests and ended up being preggers.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

My neighbour has a spare as well that she wants to give me that I could give you as well.
I don't trust them anyway. Next time I think I'm pregnant, I'm just going straight in for a blood test rather than bothering with the stupid over the counter things. I've never met anyone else who's failed so many urine preg. tests and ended up being preggers.
I agree, the blood tests at the doctors office are the only way to go imo. I had a pregnancy scare (not really a scare- i wanted a child, it was just unexpected) a few months back. I recieved postive test results that were from the otc tests (i did them correctly too and at the right time)...so i went to the doctor and found out that i was not indeed pregnant, yet i had PCOS (infertility issues
) My doctor said it is more common that you get a false neg. than a false positive but it does happen- so to be sure in the future, the best way to check is a blood test

Good luck sweetie, i hope you get the results you want when you do find out for sure!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people dont have as much of the pregnancy hormones as other so they dont get a positive result!

Ive even gone as far as getting the ones from the dollar store and having them work! LOL
Which is exactly why I get such bad morning sickness!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if it comes up negative you should consider going to the doctor. Since your stomach is hurting and you feel bloated it could very well be something worse.

Are you running a fever at all? A blood test at the doctor could double check and maybe a CBC to check you WBC too.

Hopefully you just ate something that didn't agree with you/ having minor digestive issues.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Hope we also find out the results!!!
Yea or Nay; I promise I'll let you guys know.

And if this tummy crud keeps up, I will deffinately call the doctor.