Introducing my pregnant lady, Maya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As some of you might already know, Maya will be part of our fur family for some time.

She is a lovely pregnant cat from the shelter and I'll take care of her until her babies are old enough to be adopted. I'm pretty nervous, because I've never seen a cat deliver before and I never took care of a new mother and her kitties either. However, I'm already in love with the beautiful Maya and I'm learning as fast as I can with the precious advice I got from the "pregnant cat and kitten care" part of the forum (I would be glad if you could help me out by sharing your experiences and tips with me over there
).

Here are a few close ups of her pretty face, green eyes and orange nose:

Here you can see that she is pregnant!

And her beauty is only the beginning: she is as sweet as silk, gentle and kind as well!

When she gets her babies, I'll try to post a few pictures of them growing up with their mother!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww Maya, you are lovely and a lover
So wonderful you took her
Look forward to lots more pictures.

Originally Posted by Johnnyfee

so cute
i wish my cat looked like that
Cookie is beautiful!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful....I love her coloring! And she looks sooo sweet

Can't wait to see the babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all!
I'll keep you posted on her pregnancy (and then on the big day and then on the babies) with pics and stories. I already love her so much and I'm so proud of her.

She was so scared at the shelter, she was the only cat not asking to be pet (hiding in the bak of the cage with fear in her eyes, I couldn't even see what colour she was like neither the beautiful emerald colour of her eyes before I took her home, because it was so dark and she had torn all the newspaper disposed in the cage in order to be able to hide under them!). I just can't believe how affectionate, social and happy she is now (in just three days, she made herself at home!). She was crying in the car, but as soon as we got home, she started purring and rubbing herself to me! When I go in my room (where she stays), she won't leave me!

Anyways, I could talk about her for hours and we just met, so thank you to all for the positive comments and feedbacks. I'll be back with more pictures in a few days.

Oh, one more funny thing: her name is Maya and I have another cat named Tania. The sound is almost the same and they get confused when I call one or the other. Maya will start meowing if she's in her room and I'm outside calling for Tania and Tania will scratch at the door if I talk to Maya in my room! I know it's better not too, but I really feel like introducing them to each other. Maya was at the shelter, she saw dozens of other cats. Plus, it's written on her chart that she is really good with other cats and even dogs. Also, I might adopt her after the babies are placed and she will have to know my other two cats (Zoe and Tania, two 8 months sisters) What do you think? Should I wait until her babies are given away (in many more weeks, since she is still pregnant)? My appartment is so big, but my room (where she stays) is a little tiny. I'd like her to enjoy a bigger space too instead of staying in my room all day. Maybe I should ask in the "behavior" section of the forum?

Thanks again,
Marilou

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mawilouwl

What do you think? Should I wait until her babies are given away (in many more weeks, since she is still pregnant)? My appartment is so big, but my room (where she stays) is a little tiny. I'd like her to enjoy a bigger space too instead of staying in my room all day. Maybe I should ask in the "behavior" section of the forum?

Thanks again,
Marilou
You might let her decide. If she seems happy in one room, let well enough alone. If she starts trying to get out on her own, think about letting her out. If you leave her in your room it might be easier for you to control where the babies are born.

BTW - Her eyes are gorgeous!

johnnyfee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

aww Maya, you are lovely and a lover
So wonderful you took her
Look forward to lots more pictures.

Cookie is beautiful!
thanks and i need to post more pics of cookie if i can find them

indigowulf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow thats freaky, other than the green eyes her and my Nala could be twins! I need to get a good recent pic of her for comparison
Heres an old low quality one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by indigowulf

Wow thats freaky, other than the green eyes her and my Nala could be twins! I need to get a good recent pic of her for comparison
Heres an old low quality one.
Nala is gorgious too! It's true she looks like Maya
! Except for the pregnant belly, I assume!

Status
Not open for further replies.