Has anyone hear of this?

dan9043

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 10 year old Tabby who has started to jump up to the kitchen sink and get various small items like the stopper, disposal cover, small plastic lids and then jump back down. She then carries the item around the house meowing very loudly, its almost a howl. She does not bring it to us except occasionally. She does it both when we are here or away. Sometimes we come home to 2-3 items carried throughout the house. Any idea what she is thinking or up to?? Thanks

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say that is "standard cat operating procedure."
My cats (although much younger than yours), do this almost daily. You should see the things I find all over my house. Having grown up with cats my whole life, I know a couple of my mom's cats did this throughout their entire life, although they settled down some as they got older. My cats don't get the stopper out of the sink, but almost daily they will get in my dirty laundry and drag out a sock or two and drag them through the house.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't do the meowing -- but she likes to steal my eyeglass microfiber cloths. If I spend more time playing with her she doesn't seem to get into as much 'trouble' at night.

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

My cat doesn't do the meowing -- but she likes to steal my eyeglass microfiber cloths. If I spend more time playing with her she doesn't seem to get into as much 'trouble' at night.
I had to laugh because I remember one of my mom's cats stealing her glasses from the nightstand one time and to this day nobody can find those glasses. It is amazing that when cats "steal" how they can hide things that nobody can find!

steelheart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If my grandson is here and I have washed his baby bottles my Sylvester will steal the nipples from the dishrack.
I have to cover them with a clean tea towel to avoid this.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dan9043

We have a 10 year old Tabby who has started to jump up to the kitchen sink and get various small items like the stopper, disposal cover, small plastic lids and then jump back down. She then carries the item around the house meowing very loudly, its almost a howl. She does not bring it to us except occasionally. She does it both when we are here or away. Sometimes we come home to 2-3 items carried throughout the house. Any idea what she is thinking or up to?? Thanks
My Persi is only 1 1/2 and he does that kind of stuff all the time. We were just moving some furniture last week and we found out where he has been hiding these items all this time, under the dresser. He takes them into the bedroom and bats them around until they end under there, I don't think he is thinking, "I am going to hide this under the dresser from the humans for a good joke".

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We were moving furniture last week, too, and we found about 25 mice, some plastic easter eggs, two socks, a small soccer ball, several rubberbands, and the fingernail clippers. The cats had batted them under there and couldn't get them back out. That explains why Sam is always staring at the small space under the couch!

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

He takes them into the bedroom and bats them around until they end under there, I don't think he is thinking, "I am going to hide this under the dresser from the humans for a good joke".
You're so naive....

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty does kind of the same thing minus the meows. thats too cool tho :-)