TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hair cut ideas....Would this look good
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hair cut ideas....Would this look good

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Ok so to start off I will post a link again to a current picture of me for those who did not see it last time:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...4/DSCF0690.jpg

Ok so I need hair cut ideas. I don't want a short hair cut. Basically nothing above shoulder length really. I want to keep my bangs but they do need to be trimmed. I am thinking maybe long layers will look good on me.

Something like this but with bangs:
http://www.about-hairstyles.com/hair...irstyles_4.jpg

But I am not sure thats why I am asking for opinions. My husband is pushing for a perm but I just do not want the up keep that goes with that. I had it before and its definitely not a wash and go kind thing.

Do you all have any ideas on hair cuts?
And if you give me a minute I might have a better up close recent picture on my camera.
post #2 of 17
Thread Starter 
Here are 2 more pictures recent and close ups. One with my hair up and down:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...Picture003.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...Picture001.jpg
post #3 of 17
thats kind of how my hair is. And while a lot of it depends on your hairs "temperament" its not really a wash and go kinda hair style. With mine it takes me about 30-45 minutes to fix it.

How much do you trust your hair stylist? If you truly trust them, then go in with a few looks and ask how they think it would look on you, or ask them to just cut and style it within your boundaries. (Like do whatever, but dont go above the shoulders)
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_jordi View Post
thats kind of how my hair is. And while a lot of it depends on your hairs "temperament" its not really a wash and go kinda hair style. With mine it takes me about 30-45 minutes to fix it.


My hair is similar to that picture and if I leave it to air dry (no styling) my cowlicks come out and it just looks weird. If you do get the style, invest in a big flat brush and a hair dryer with that narrow diffuser on the end. It makes maintaining easier.

Your hair dresser may have other ideas to that make the look similar, but easier to maintain. You definitely have the hair for it.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
When I mean wash and wear I did not really mean air dry. I do have a hair dryer that I use and a curl brush (several for that matter different sizes). Its just that I want something that as far as styling goes there is not much behind it. Right now my hair is straight flat and has no live it just hangs there.
post #6 of 17
Then you'll be good!

I usually spend about 15 minutes in the morning doing the drying and brushing. Tho I have really think hair so it takes a little longer to dry.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Ok so looking at my pictures do you think it will good on me?

I have always liked that type style but I hate going to get my hair cut so I have never had it done. Most I have ever gotten is a trim here and there since I was a teen. I am hoping to get it done before my trip to Florida on the 2nd.
post #8 of 17
I like your pick - but maybe layer it a bit more to frame your face.
post #9 of 17
You have a long face, so you do need a style that is shorter near the top, with bangs. Though bangs do not necessarily have to cover your whole forehead.

Have a look at this link. Click "Next" below the picture to see more examples of suitable hairstyles.

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstyle...s/longface.htm
.
.
.
.
post #10 of 17
I think the one you picked would look nice.

Just for fun I looked at a couple of hairstyle websites.


http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gall...che.php?id=147

This one's closer to what you had in mind

http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gall...che.php?id=356
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
You have a long face, so you do need a style that is shorter near the top, with bangs. Though bangs do not necessarily have to cover your whole forehead.

Have a look at this link. Click "Next" below the picture to see more examples of suitable hairstyles.

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstyle...s/longface.htm
.
.
.
.
The reason my bangs are long is because I am not to fond of bangs to begin with and the husband likes them so this is a compromise. And now they have grown on me. But I still won't do short bangs.
post #12 of 17
My Mom just had this hair cut done to her and it looks really good! She had to layer it in a litter more to frame her face, but it is really cute! I thought she should have put some high lights in there too, or maybe some low lights... Either way it looks good and you should go for it! I have REALLY long hair (past my butt) and its really thick too, I dont have any bangs because they dont look good on me, but I was always tought if you have a pretty face why cover it up with bangs! So why not grow them out???
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
My Mom just had this hair cut done to her and it looks really good! She had to layer it in a litter more to frame her face, but it is really cute! I thought she should have put some high lights in there too, or maybe some low lights... Either way it looks good and you should go for it! I have REALLY long hair (past my butt) and its really thick too, I dont have any bangs because they dont look good on me, but I was always tought if you have a pretty face why cover it up with bangs! So why not grow them out???
You know you're a cat person when you mistakenly type "LITTER" instead of little!!
J/K but funnyyyyy!
Patty
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjk5900 View Post
You know you're a cat person when you mistakenly type "LITTER" instead of little!!
J/K but funnyyyyy!
Patty
HAHAHA!! OMG!! I can't even believe I did that! Dont I feel like a horses A*S!!
post #15 of 17
I personally think you need a good chop to give you viabrance.

Layers are good, shoulder length will just do but remember because its shoulder length some parts will be shorter than the others.
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Yeah I know I need a good cut. I don't want a short hair cut again. Been there done that and it does not look good. Me and the husband have been looking at pictures and such to see if we can agree on something. What I am gonna end up doing is tomorrow go and talk with the hair stylist about some of the ideas and she what she says will look better.

I read something about the layers and it said make sure none of the layers are shorter than chin length. If its chin length or longer you still have the abilty to pull the hair up if you want at times.

I am calling my mom right now. I am pretty sure on my cousin is a beautican and she should be able to do my hair and save me some money.
post #17 of 17
I have the same problem with knowing what to do with my hair. I have natraully curly hair and I never know how I should get it cut so that it would look good curly or straight.

I love the look with a bunch of layers! I have always loved layers! I think they are so pretty!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hair cut ideas....Would this look good