Warning label

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B pointed this out to me and we were cracking up at this warning label. Yesterday I bought a sleep mask to block out the night lights at night so I can sleep. The label says:

warning:For external use only. Avoid using sharp objects on mask. Keep out of reach from children.

I mean really, I want to know who did what to make that warning label get placed on the product.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

B pointed this out to me and we were cracking up at this warning label. Yesterday I bought a sleep mask to block out the night lights at night so I can sleep. The label says:

warning:For external use only. Avoid using sharp objects on mask. Keep out of reach from children.

I mean really, I want to know who did what to make that warning label get placed on the product.

I love reading warning labels, for that reason!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well maybe you really DON'T want to know why that label was put on there.

My fav is on a bag of peanuts "warning - product may contain peanuts" - more or less for those with allergies to peanuts..........DUH

Or another "on a bag of airline pretzels - open bag, eat contents" or something close to that.....

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a small pet fleece blanket from the dollar store the othe day(the bag is a foot long both ways) The warning label said " WARNING- do not crawl inside bag"

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How abooooout:

Childrens Cough Medicin

"Warning: may cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

How abooooout:

Childrens Cough Medicin

"Warning: may cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.
Yup!! Gotta love it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

One of my favorites is on a microwave dinner: Caution. Contents may be hot after heating
You can thank the McDonalds woman for that one!

These are hilarious! Thanks for the link Arlyn!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this one:

Earplugs
These ear plugs are nontoxic, but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe
You just think to yourself What the..??? when you read it. So totally did not expect that!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I love reading warning labels, for that reason!!

I've seen some really stupid warning labels - even on food products - such as: Caution! Contents will be hot after taking out of oven or microwave!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another one I've always wondered about are the "Do Not Remove" warning labels on mattresses or pillows.
What difference does it make if you DO remove the label??

~KK~

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

How abooooout:

Childrens Cough Medicin

So much for child labor laws, huh?

Actually, I can see a reason for the warning. I have bad reactions to many OTC meds, so I take kid's cold meds; I wonder if other adults do the same thing (or, perhaps, they do because they're desperate, don't want to got out, and they had their kids's meds available)?