Best thing for cleaning the microwave?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I won't lie..my microwave has been severly neglected when it comes to cleaning the inside of it

I'll need something heavy duty to get the stuff off of the sides now...any ideas?

I don't know why I left it so long

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Damp rag + baking soda.
If you need to soften the stuff up some you can microwave a cup of water for a few seconds.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Microwave a bowl of water and vinegar. Should loosen everything up and will wipe right off.
That's what my boss did at my last job. A co-worker wouldn't cover his food, and the MW was just nasty.

At home I usually just use a rag and soapy dishwater.
Takes a little while, but it works. I also soak my glass turntable in the water, that's usually the grossest part of my MW. No matter what I do, gunk always gets on that thing.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use either baking soda or lemon juice. I use lemon juice on almost all the kitchen appliances - it's effective and non-toxic.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Damp rag + baking soda.
If you need to soften the stuff up some you can microwave a cup of water for a few seconds.
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Microwave a bowl of water and vinegar. Should loosen everything up and will wipe right off.
I used a combo of both above. It takes a bit of arm power. Hot water works best.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just scrub it until it comes clean. I wish you could buy this stuff that Subway has for cleaning their microwave. You spray it in there, leave it a minute or two and then wipe and everything comes right off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
k, the tray is clean, I soaked it in hot soapy water and it was no problem..its the inside I am going to do now, and I am

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

I use whatever cleaner I happen to have under the counter. I use warm water first, though, to help kind of soak it.
IT WORKED!!
I just used an all purpose cleaner..and alot of elbow grease and its FINALLY clean!!

I looked for baking soda but didn't have any..I used a scrub pad with the all purpose..YAY!

Thanks guys!