AFC & NFC Championship games!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who's watching???

Are you as excited as I am?

The wind chill will be around -12 to -13 for the Packer game!

The Patriots game will also be really cold with an 11 degree wind chill.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Who's watching???

Me & Persi will be watching. It's a guy kind of thing. Alley has a different take on things; she says "why watch when the outcome is known?"

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although we are Redskin fans, my husband and I will be rooting for Green Bay today. As a matter of fact we had to move our dinner plans with my family to 3pm to be home for the 6:30 kick off.

Just one question: How in the world do the Packer fans keep warm? I get chills just seeing them in the stands with snow and wind blowing around them.

Go Brent Favre!!! He is our age so a sentimental favorite.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

Although we are Redskin fans, my husband and I will be rooting for Green Bay today. As a matter of fact we had to move our dinner plans with my family to 3pm to be home for the 6:30 kick off.

Just one question: How in the world do the Packer fans keep warm? I get chills just seeing them in the stands with snow and wind blowing around them.

Oh yeah another Redskin FAN
I will be watching the games rooting for the Packers and Chargers(Not likely) and I will be wrapped up in my Redskin blanket

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say this because of where I live, not because I actually care:

GO PATS!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

You mean Brett Favre?
Just kidding!

I am SOOO glad we got our 50 inch plasma last March....this is the kind of stuff we got it for!

I can not wait until kickoff....but unfortunately the Patriot game is first. We'll survive I guess...

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll probably be watching the Pats game! Since we're in VT & my boyfriend's father will def have it on!

Go Patriots!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me us Packer fans know how to dress in this weather.
1. Snowmobile suit or carthart bibs (I guess ski bibs would work)
2. NO cotton clothes (like blue jeans)
3. Lots of layers in polypropolene, silk, wool.
4. Heavy duty boots-like Sorel.
5. Those packets of handwarmers-can put in boots too.
6. The benches are metal so just sitting on a blanket won't work. Have to have a seat cushion or a piece of hard styrofoam. This also applies to the ground where your feet are-many use carpet scraps.
7. A good hat, and mittens (yes more than one pair)

Also sadly-avoid alcohol!! The Green Bay fire dept will be increasing their EMT staffing by 25% and several groups are setting up 1st aid booths in the concourses with hot packs and blankets. The bathrooms will be the warmest places!!
The local hospital emergency rooms are overstaffed as they know there will be cases of hypothermia. This will be most likely from the out of state fans as they do not know how to dress for this weather. Current temps -2F with windchill of -20F!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're watching the games, but DH watches EVERY game (literallly...he has the football satelite package
).

I'm rooting for the Chargers (only because I don't want the Pats to walk away with everything after being caught cheating earlier this year), and the Packers (because they were kind enough to let the Bears beat them...twice).

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

We're watching the games, but DH watches EVERY game (literallly...he has the football satelite package
).

I'm rooting for the Chargers (only because I don't want the Pats to walk away with everything after being caught cheating earlier this year), and the Packers (because they were kind enough to let the Bears beat them...twice).

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we Packer fans no how to dress. I've been to a few last home games of the regular season and my attire was as follows: blue jeans, Packer sweatshirt, 2 pairs of socks, covered with a camouflage hunting suit, a pair of snowmobile boots, a knit hat, thermal mittens/ gloves, topped with a #4 Favre jersey and a green and gold Dr. Seuss hat!

My mom is working extra hours at St Vincent's today to help out with any overflow, she's an RN....

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, we Packer fans no how to dress. I've been to a few last home games of the regular season and my attire was as follows: blue jeans, Packer sweatshirt, 2 pairs of socks, covered with a camouflage hunting suit, a pair of snowmobile boots, a knit hat, thermal mittens/ gloves, topped with a #4 Favre jersey and a green and gold Dr. Seuss hat!
No cheesehead hat???

I know what you mean, though. It takes some careful dressing to prepare for a football game in these northern states. You might not pass muster on What Not to Wear, but at least you're warm!

I bet there's at least one idiot at the game tonight with his shirt off, though.
He'll probably be in to see your mom tonight.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, we're definitely watching!

I'm actually cheering for the Patriots in the first game, and definitely for New York to pull off the HUGE upset against Green Bay. Doubt it will happen, but a girl can hope, right?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Who's watching???

I love the picture at this link:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I'm not really watching the current game but will tune in to the packers game. DH says he'll be rooting against the pack today.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No cheesehead hat???

I know what you mean, though. It takes some careful dressing to prepare for a football game in these northern states. You might not pass muster on What Not to Wear, but at least you're warm!

I bet there's at least one idiot at the game tonight with his shirt off, though.
Cheesehead hats cause Obstructed View seating to those around them....

I forgot I usually bring handwarmers as well. I have brought a Packer cushion seat before, but we usually are only sitting during halftime.....

There are always idiots without shirts....a lot of players from the Giants said they will be going sleeveless as well. I wonder if any Packers will be...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There will be more than just one - I can almost guarantee it!

There's obviously no doubt who I'M rooting for!

GO PACK GO !!!!

I think it will be the Pack & Pats going all the way (just like it was 11 years ago), but I'm afraid the Pats will take the Pack in the SB this time around.
(I hope I'm wrong!!). But if the Pats DO win, it will only be b/c they cheat again..

~KK~