i called emerg last night and they said to just watch him overnight and stop the antibiotics since they are probably making him naustious and to call my regular vet (which is a hospital and didn't even offer to keep him) in the morning, which I've done and I'm waiting for them to call back. He is stable and breathing OK, but everytime he moves he hacks and i'm afraid to go near his mouth with either the pills or the food. I will obviously take him back if that's what I need to do. As for the money, I don't care. Not to play 'me and everything that's wrong in my life' because let's face it most people don't have 1000 to spend every 2-3 months on sick cats, but in reality i'm a grad student, the last time I got paid was december 13th and the next time is January 31st (it's a ridiculous schedule).......a whopping $1300, and I live on my own with no car.
My best friend lives in the UK and currently is fighting tooth and nail very very severe bone cancer and is desperate for me to come up with money to fly out and see her, as am I as her condition is becoming day to day. I am also supposed to be holding a benefit overnight for her this friday, which isn't so much a money thing as a time thing pretty hard to leave for a night when you are treating your cat fairly intensively).
I know there is never a good time for this, but I guess all I'm saying is I'm overwhelmed big time, and I spent all of october asking everyone I know for money to help pay for Kismet, so they aren't so happy to be hearing from me again.
Hopefully something will just happen?
Anyways, more update once the vet calls me back, hopefully soon since I don't have a car and the girl who could drive me leaves in 20 minutes.