no more pettsitter for Dixie

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dixie is a petsitters nightmare according to my Pa. I had him and my nephew babysit dixie while i took my mom to buy groceries today. By the time i got home he was almost ready to climb a wall, he has heart problems anyway so the stress was totally not needed. Poor Pa. He said that Dixie spent all day barking like crazy. My mom has a full sized austrailian shephard named Emily. Emily is trained to help her because she is in a wheelchair so she stays inside most of the time. Pa said Emily spent the day laying beside his chair as normal, Dixie sat across the room and barked at her all day long. Then Emily got so upset she layed there and howled, everytime dixie would bark Emily would start howling. I know how dixie gets with her barking, like her barker is stuck or something, i feel so bad, i guess from now on she will have to either stay home or with me cause she acts like a nightmare.

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my! That sounds like it would be a loud afternoon for your Pa. I can relate.... my family dog (who lives with my parents) is very hard to warm up to. She does not like people that she doesn't know and even family and friends that she has met but has had limited interaction with. Boy, she will bark and bark and bark! She will not calm down unless they leave the house. She makes a good watch dog though!