TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Lost cat found...but not the usual ending
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lost cat found...but not the usual ending - Page 2

post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLynn View Post
Of course the woman is being dishonest by withholding her name and phone#. She knows if she divulges that info that Maggie's family will be contacting her immediately, wanting Maggie back. She can't take that chance.
But what gives her the right to keep their cat?

Of course they want her back, and because she knows who the cat belongs to she should give it back because it doesn't belong to her.

I bonded with my cats in the first hour of bringing them home, so like Maggie and her child i have a special relationship with my cats, so i'd move hell and high water to get my babies back regardless of the situation.

When i came out of a relationship when Rosie was under a year old she was my miracle because i was hurting at the time, but she made coming home a pleasure, so for all we know Maggie could have been this couples miracle also?
post #32 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac
But what gives her the right to keep their cat?
The woman has no right to keep Maggie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Of course they want her back, and because she knows who the cat belongs to she should give it back because it doesn't belong to her.
Agreed. But the woman is not giving Maggie back because of the dramatic improvement in her daughter, which she associates with Maggie. She is apparently afraid that if Maggie goes home, her daughter's condition may deteriorate.
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLynn View Post
She is apparently afraid that if Maggie goes home, her daughter's condition may deteriorate.
I understand that, but as heartless as it sounds i still wouldn't let them keep my cat when theres thousands of other needy cats and kittens who i'm sure would do just as good a job with their daughter.
post #34 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
I understand that, but as heartless as it sounds i still wouldn't let them keep my cat when theres thousands of other needy cats and kittens who i'm sure would do just as good a job with their daughter.
I'm with you. The problem is that in this situation, there's no choice about "letting" the woman keep Maggie. You don't know who she is - there's no way to contact her. But as I've said before, I'd do everything in my power to find my precious cat.
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLynn View Post
The problem is that in this situation, there's no choice about "letting" the woman keep Maggie. You don't know who she is - there's no way to contact her.
Oh trust me, i'd have someone track her down no matter what it cost me.

For her to know where this couple live she has to be in the vicinity
post #36 of 43
I'm sorry, but NO WAY would I allow that Woman to keep my cat.
This may sound heartless, but I don't care what's wrong with her child I'm not going to allow her to steal my baby because it makes her baby feel better.
Go to a shelter, there are a lot of cats there, adopt your own but hands off mine or God help you!
I don't care how much money I had to spend, I'd hire a handwriting expert if I had to, but I'd get my cat back one way or another.

I just went through something along these lines myself.
I won't go into the details here, it's all on my other thread about Jasper in the SOS forum.
My four kids are all healthy, but they all love Jasper very much that does not give me the right to keep him because it's going to upset my kids.
If you read my other thread you'll see that I DID go back and forth about keeping him, that is until I found out the whole story.
He has a Mommy that loves him very much and that's where he belongs.
Maggie has a Mommy and Daddy that love her very much and that's where she belongs.
post #37 of 43
Looks like I should have read Susan's posts before I posted.
I agree with you 100% Susan.
I don't care what it costs, that's my cat and I'm getting it back....I might even go so far as to send the thief the bill for all the money I spent.
I'm nasty that way
post #38 of 43
OMG no, I could never give up Trout. Like another poster said, she would most likely bond with any cat..

That story is so sad
post #39 of 43
So a woman steals my cat, and then leaves me a note informing me of it? No, sorry, and on top of that I would know that Zissou wouldn't be happy either.

The kind of bond a child would form with a cat is not the kind she would like either. Zissou is a "let's sit in the same room together" kind of affectionate, not a "please touch me as much as possible" kind.
post #40 of 43
I'm with Heidi 100%. I'd try to find that person. IF I could verify the story, I'd consider it. But if the kid had never had a pet before - who's to say another kitty wouldn't continue the progress the child was making? Worst case - I take my cat back, they adopt an older kitty the kid responds to at a shelter - it doesn't work - return the cat to shelter, and then I give up my kitty. I think.

But not signing the note? That's just WRONG.

Laurie
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
So a woman steals my cat, and then leaves me a note informing me of it? No, sorry, and on top of that I would know that Zissou wouldn't be happy either.

The kind of bond a child would form with a cat is not the kind she would like either. Zissou is a "let's sit in the same room together" kind of affectionate, not a "please touch me as much as possible" kind.
My cats are the same way. One hides all the time, and the other likes to sit next to me and be pet, but he doesn't like to be picked up.
But even if they were friendly, why should I let anyone steal my cat.
Never mind my are purebred so I paid money for them. And the scaredy one gets sick a lot so I spend a lot on the vet.
And somebody would just take the cat and I am supposed to be o'key with it?
I don't think so.
post #42 of 43
The fact that the person never gave a name or contact address is ensuring Maggie's true owners cannot claim her. This is stealing. I think there are many pets out there that the daughter could have a relationship with. If it came to Ares or Hypnos, I would not part with them - period. I would, however, be willing to let the daughter visit them on a regular basis. Man, what a terrible story.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Oh trust me, i'd have someone track her down no matter what it cost me.

For her to know where this couple live she has to be in the vicinity
If the woman lives in the vicinity, then she knows this is not a cat that is a throw-away. So this is theft, without a doubt. I would be walking the neighborhood banging on doorways! Not a knock, a BANG!

I would help the woman find another cat, but I would have her in jail before I allowed her to keep one of my children! If her daughter bonded with a horse in someone's barn, does the mother sneak into the barn and walk out with the horse? Or with the child next door if her daughter bonded with the child? H3ll no!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Lost cat found...but not the usual ending