Vomiting alot ..Also pea sized lump...

twistedchick143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 7yr old maine coon vomits alot. She goes and eats and then throws up what she just ate. This doesnt happen all the time its happens in spurts... She could be fine for a few weeks and then she throws up for a week
I dont know what is causing it, but ins usually always food not hairballs. Also she has had a pea sized lump on her side, i took her to the vet and when the vet was going to needle biopsy it, the lump disappeared. So we couldnt do anything about it... A couple weeks later I found a pea sized lump on her thigh and it has not gone away, i have been keeping an eye on it and it hasnt got any bigger. If it gets any bigger I will take her to the vet again... Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks,
Jennifer

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I've never heard of a lump appearing and then disappearing. And then coming back somewhere else. Maybe it's a benign cyst?

lovemycats47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had the same problem with my cat about a month ago. She had a lump on her back and she was also throwing up quite a bit. I took her to the vet and he drained the lump and had it tested for cancer. Turned out it was not cancer, thank good. But the vet told me the lump could come back again but it is nothing to worry about. My cat is 14 years old. Maybe this is something older cats get with age, those lumps. Anyway what kind of food are you feeding your cat? Is it good quality food? I was feeding my cat junk food. I switched to premium cat food and she is no longer throwing up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twistedchick143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed her good priced food name brand. The vet thought it was crazy also when the lump just disappeared..... The new lump is on the back of her thigh.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Twistedchick143

I feed her good priced food name brand. The vet thought it was crazy also when the lump just disappeared..... The new lump is on the back of her thigh.
What exactly is good priced food name brand? Because name brand could be anything from the grocery store (Iams, Purina, Friskies, 9 Lives, etc) and those are all junk.