Can a Himi be pointed with white?

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A couple months ago I adopted an 18 month old dollfaced Himalayan with unusual markings, to me atleast but I have no experience with Persians. She is a very light flame point (she looks very apricot in tone) mixed with large patches of white, with no color on any of her legs at all, and the color only extends into a stripe down the top of her tail. She shows no tabby pattern so she is not a lynx point. I know she is actually pointed because her shading has gotten darker over the winter. Also, the top 3rd portion of each of her ears is pure white, where just below it is the darkest color she has on her body.
I have tried to take pictures but you cannot see the white patches in them. Also, she is CFA registered as Himalayan, but I adopted her from my sister who had adopted her from a horrid man on Craigslist (he wasn't her breeder) and haven't bothered to get her papers from my sister yet so I can't use them as a reference.
Does anyone have any ideas?

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that with color points their points become darker as they age. I don't how long it takes for them to reach their permanent color but I would think that by 18 mos she should have her adult coloring. Maybe she is a dilute flame point even though I have never heard of that. I don't know, good question!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only way you can have a pointed Himi with white markings is if one of the parents is a bicolor or high white bicolor Persian. Himi's are pointed Persians in CFA, but most times they are bred to solid color or pointed - not to a bicolor.

A "dilute flame point" would be a "cream point
and yes they do exist. Flame point is the same thing as a red point - and the dilute of red is cream.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

A "dilute flame point" would be a "cream point
and yes they do exist. Flame point is the same thing as a red point - and the dilute of red is cream.
Hmm... interesting. I didn't know that. I learned my new fact for the day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for your help.
I was wondering if having one bicolor parent would have produced these markings. Also, I believe she is just a light flame point because she looks apricot and the standard says that cream points are not to be apricot in color.
She is a sweetheart and so well behaved (aside from the naughty things my Siamese kitten is teaching her!), I have no idea how she is on her 3rd home in just over a year!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shambles

the standard says that cream points are not to be apricot in color.
She could still be a cream, pet quality.

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have any pictures of her?? That might make it easier to tell what color she is.

Valerie