Isabella will NOT cooperate!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhhh i'm about to ring her little fluffy neck!
Isabella will NOT cooperate at all today! I was going to take her and Velvet back to work with me after my lunch break to microchip them, but Izzy is hearing nothing of it
I picked her up to put her in the carrier and then right as i was ready to put her in it, she wiggled a bit so i needed to move around a pinch to get a better grip on her- well i'm not sure what happened, but she got loose and she is now in the cat room hiding under a shelf hissing at me and i'm sure if she could talk she'd be cursing at me as well

My moodly little Angora
She's such a brat! She HATES the carrier- i mean despises it. She was severly abuse when she was a kitten and has been very skiddish ever since. It took me months to socialize her let alone get her to play- so while some kitties may be easier to deal with/handle, Isabella is not. Poor thing, i hate to scare her- but i really wish she understood it was for her own good!
Hopefully she'll be good and let me catch her in the next few minutes so i can take her back with me. If not i'll not stress her out anymore and just try again later on in the week.

In the mean time though- poor thing is all fluffed up and ticked off
She's such a sassy pants!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zao_cat

Awww, poor little kitty!
aw i know! i hate to scare her, but at the same time, we're about to move in two weeks and i would hate it much worse if she got loose or something happened and she were not microchipped. I work for AC so i see first hand how many lives those microchips have saved- i wish she understood it was for her own good. Poor Izzy though- she's really putting up a fight over this. I'm going to try again in a minute to get her. If she's too freaked out though i'll just wait till next week.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I work for AC too and it's sad how many animals come in with no identification. I felt soooo bad when Snicky got spayed because I could see that she was in pain but i knew that it was for the best.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya!!! I was able to catch her right before i left. She was a good girl!
My coworker and I chipped her and Velvet. Both were really well behaved. They're back at home now relaxing a bit. (i just got off work a few minutes ago). Now all 6 furbabies are all officially chipped

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Uhhhh i'm about to ring her little fluffy neck!
Isabella will NOT cooperate at all today! I was going to take her and Velvet back to work with me after my lunch break to microchip them, but Izzy is hearing nothing of it
I picked her up to put her in the carrier and then right as i was ready to put her in it, she wiggled a bit so i needed to move around a pinch to get a better grip on her- well i'm not sure what happened, but she got loose and she is now in the cat room hiding under a shelf hissing at me and i'm sure if she could talk she'd be cursing at me as well

My moodly little Angora
She's such a brat! She HATES the carrier- i mean despises it. She was severly abuse when she was a kitten and has been very skiddish ever since. It took me months to socialize her let alone get her to play- so while some kitties may be easier to deal with/handle, Isabella is not. Poor thing, i hate to scare her- but i really wish she understood it was for her own good!
Hopefully she'll be good and let me catch her in the next few minutes so i can take her back with me. If not i'll not stress her out anymore and just try again later on in the week.

In the mean time though- poor thing is all fluffed up and ticked off
She's such a sassy pants!
haha! must be the name Izzy LOL! my Izzy's the same hehe

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

haha! must be the name Izzy LOL! my Izzy's the same hehe
Maybe so

this morning i woke up and she was on the foot of the bed just staring at me
I'm sure she was plotting her revenge

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Maybe so

this morning i woke up and she was on the foot of the bed just staring at me
I'm sure she was plotting her revenge
LOL!

then she thought "damn, you distracted me" hehe!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL!

then she thought "damn, you distracted me" hehe!
It was kind of freaky..you could tell she was up to no good
She's soo goofy! Tonight she allowed me to pet her on top of her head, so i guess she's forgiven me a little bit for microchipping her

Velvet though has been a real sweetie, like always. Even last night she wasn't made at me after i got her home. I told Isabella she needs to act more like her big sister

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

aww! they sound like sweetheart's!

i wonder how my Izzy will be, when she gets microchipped
think i can guess!
Hopefully you'll have some good techs that know what they're doing- that way it's quick and less stressful on her. Has she been spayed yet? If not, you can have them microchip them while she's under sedation for her spay surgery so she is none the wiser and it's less stressful

It really only takes a few moments though so she should be fine. All they will do is hold her, clean the injection site, and then put the needle in. After that they scan her to make sure it took and she's ready to go
She might be a little sore for a day or so, but that's about it. I chipped my two while one of my coworkers held them for me.
(although i should have had someone else give them the injection so i didn't look like the bad guy
)

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeh, all my cat's were spayed couple of month's before christmas. i want to get all of them microchipped at the same time really, you think it's wise?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yeh, all my cat's were spayed couple of month's before christmas. i want to get all of them microchipped at the same time really, you think it's wise?
of course, better to get it over with and save yourself multiple trips
they'll do them one at a time- i would just make the trip as less stressful as you can- play soft music on the way there and put a little Feliway spray in their carrier. When you get them home maybe give them a special treat
It's really a simple procedure- just a simple shot really to implant the microchip inbetween the shoulder blade area- it's over in just a few moments!