Favorite alcoholic beverage

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Do you prefer red wine, white wine, beer, mixed drinks or other? My drink of choice is usually red wine, although I enjoy white wine too and occasionally a beer is good.
I'm not much for mixed drinks though.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Micobrewed beer, margaritas, Long Island iced tea and Meyer's rum and Coke.

Depends on the weather, and my mood.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a rum and tequila drinker. Sometimes mixed drinks, but if good quality then straight up. The best rums (IMO) are made in Venezuala and the only tequila's I'll drink are those that are pure agave made in Jalisco, Mexico. I don't drink very often, but when I do, I drink what is good. I'll have a white wine to be social and in the summer will sometimes have a Red Stripe beer.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever had a duck fart. It's equal part irish creme, coffee liqueur, and whiskey. It tastes like chocolate milk but with a kick.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frozen classic margarita or Jack and coke. When it's hot and humid, a really cold Corona with lime.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer a nice German white wine, usually a Spätlese or Auslese, from the Mosel/Saar/Ruwer region. I really love German whites! My favorite mixed drink is a Long Island Iced tea, but raspberry vodka and pink lemonade is yummy too!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
white wine, strawberry wine, apple wine with sprite, soco lime, caiirinias, sex on the beach, amaretto sours, strawberry colada, daiquiris, margharitas... the list goes on!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink often, maybe once or twice a year. But when I do it's either a glass of white wine, a cold beer or a dark amber rum with diet coke and a wedge of lime.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a frozen drink machine, with two sides. It's actually intended to be a Icee/Slurphe machine. I usually have margaritas in one side and daiquiris in the other. It is a pain to clean.
The only beer I like is Coors Light and vodka is my preferred liquor.

Some of the women I work with meet at a local bar after work, once or twice a week (during a bad week). The owner loves us as we gave him the idea to have a teacher appreciation day - and now it is packed. He knows we are there for conversation, so he is light on the alcohol content - but for a dollar or two a drink, who cares. He has us taste test the different brands of our favorite alcohols, so we know what we like - and it is free.

For Christmas, he had metal nameplates put on our barstools!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacardi rum and coke, long island iced tea, captain morgans. I don't like the taste of beer.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer white wine - for favourite, sparkling because they tend to be sweet - but my absolute most favourite drink in the world is a blue lagoon. Vodka, blue bols, lemon and lime...... it tastes gogeous! It's the perfect seaside drink on a hot day on silver sands.... mmmm
It's also good in a nigh club because it glows under UV lights!!
You can never lose it!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

We have a frozen drink machine, with two sides. It's actually intended to be a Icee/Slurphe machine. I usually have margaritas in one side and daiquiris in the other. It is a pain to clean.
The only beer I like is Coors Light and vodka is my preferred liquor.

Some of the women I work with meet at a local bar after work, once or twice a week (during a bad week). The owner loves us as we gave him the idea to have a teacher appreciation day - and now it is packed. He knows we are there for conversation, so he is light on the alcohol content - but for a dollar or two a drink, who cares. He has us taste test the different brands of our favorite alcohols, so we know what we like - and it is free.

For Christmas, he had metal nameplates put on our barstools!
That is too cool about the barstools! You should be honored! Now, you can say "yes, as a matter of fact, my name IS on that seat!"

I'm mainly a beer girl (Icehouse or coors light, but I'm not too picky!) I love tequilla shots! I'm not much into mixed drinks but I do like pina coladas or a good mudslide when we go out for dinner. Wine just gives me a headache and makes me sleepy.